White Sox Movies and Slide Shows

kapkomet

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
If anyone is having trouble downloading or viewing, PM me.  I have it on my hard drive.  I'll happily send it to you.

Well all you have to do is let the video download first (it downloads to your temp files.) Then just go to file and save as in media player. It worked for me.

By the way, thanks robin.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
Loved the highlights although I also would of liked if u showed the bottom of the 14th with uribe's error and than Buehrle coming in and closing it down...... Also not really a big fan of the music.

i TOTALLY forgot abou tthose parts. i was runnign short on the music, so I had to end it. I may have to re work the video a bit.

As for the music, it's from Independance Day and it was the best I could find that fit the "eb and flow" of the action.

QUOTE(05champsBABY @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Athomeboy_2000 your work is stellar! Really an A+ job.

The only thing i can critique is maybe add some audio highlights in the background kind of and still have the music playing. Other than that really great job.

I wish i could, however I am using iMovie which isnt great for lowring music so it would have sounded bad to add play by play. Game 4 will have Uribe's Dive and the last out with play-by-play from ESPN 1000.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but thats not the entire thing...right when they show the 2000 team picture after they win the division there is sopposed to be jose valentin after his walkoff vs the cubs with his hand into the air...also right around here the music is a little off

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but thats not the entire thing...right when they show the 2000 team picture after they win the division there is sopposed to be jose valentin after his walkoff vs the cubs with his hand into the air...also right around here the music is a little off

that's true, but at least we have something. thanks a lot for posting that! it will give me something tangible to always remember the season by

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I have a Mac, is there anyway you can make one in quicktime format?  If you can't its alright.

You are on OS X, right?

Just download Media Player 9. You'll need it for other stuff, trust me.

I think WMP has so REALLY poor codecs, but they are the standard when it comes to everyday use. Give me a .MOV encoded in h.264 any day of the week. THe quality is AMAZING and small file sizes (my videos on here are about 16 MB for a 6 Min video)

PS: I have that same fotage on tape at work. I'll try to post a MOV on Monday.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
Loved the highlights although I also would of liked if u showed the bottom of the 14th with uribe's error and than Buehrle coming in and closing it down...... Also not really a big fan of the music.

How could you not like the music. It is the president's speech from ID4. The most inspirational scene in movie history. :)

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
How could you not like the music.  It is the president's speech from ID4.  The most inspirational scene in movie history.  :)

Actually, it's called "Base Attack" I assume it's from when Area 54 is attacked, not sure though.

Idonno I didnt mind the music but than in the 5th inning when we were scoring all our runs.... it just felt like it didnt fit with what I was seeing.... music is fine but I just didnt think it was the best fit. Still i cant complain 2 much Im not making any video's and I still did like it.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Actually, it's called "Base Attack" I assume it's from when Area 54 is attacked, not sure though.

Ah yes, good call. I was exaggerating a bit there though. The president speech one may have worked better there. That one gives me goosebumps without emotional White Sox moments.

This is my second sports video I have made, The first was an Illinois video for the '05 season, I have been working on videos for about a year now, usually wrestling videos, but since the passion for the Sox was so high this year thought I would throw something together. Enjoy :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wxef39 (Link should be up for awhile, and to those looking for a good place to upload, SendSpace is very good, allows file uploads up to 1.2 GB and Bandwidth of 100 GB, stays up for the 100 GB or is taken down if it isn't downloaded within 14 days.)