Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Interesting views from the other side of the fence:

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=955

Ohhh... wait and see Red Cubs fans ...just wait...and see...

here's another from The Globe...

Some Yankee media members were so confident to as to say to their Boston hosts, “See you in two weeks,” almost as a foregone conclusion that this rivalry, the game’s best and tops in sports, would be on the center stage once again battling fore the World Series.

:bringit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
It's just about 24 hrs away and I am already freaking out.  I don't know if I can take another 24 hrs of my nerves lol!

GO SOX!

I know. Trying to concentrate on anything other than White Sox baseball right now is impossible.

I cant wait until tom. Who cares if we are facing Boston in the first round. The way to look at it is if we beat them, we can beat anyone else. If Boston advance, I would rather lose to them than the Yankees or Angels because they are the World Champs.

The way the SOX took care of business winning 5 games in a row, this series will definitely be interesting. Great pitching vs. Great hitting. Let's go get them SOX, the White SOX!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
WGN will also carry ESPNs feed for the 1st 3 games!!!

If that is true, then I am very grateful. We just got our cable disconnected a couple of hours ago so now I have to look at WGN or FOX to provide me White Sox baseball.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Does anyone know if Rooney and Farmer will be broadcast? Or will it be the ESPN radio broadcast?

Last year on MLB's gameday audio it was the local audio guys doing the work. The home run call for the Cardinals announcer just drove me nuts.

Umps for the series:

CREW B

AL Division Series between the Boston Red Sox and the Chicago White Sox:

Game One Umpire Previous DS Worked

HP John Hirschbeck* 5 (1995, '98, '99, '01, '03)

1B Larry Vanover (First DS)

2B Mark Wegner 2 (2003, '04)

3B Bill Miller 2 (2002, '03)

LF Mike Everitt 2 (2001, '04)

RF Dan Iassogna (First DS)

Umps For DS

Let's get Scott P running again.

No, but the thing is, this team doesn't seem to play well against "Ozzieball" type teams. I am encouraged by the way they've dismantled the Angels this year, and went 4-3 against the ChiSox. However, I'd put the over/under for stolen bases this series by Scott Podsednick at around 5. This team tends to get rattled when the opposing team's baserunners press.

Iassogna called a BS strike zone against us one time in early 2004.

He's also the ump I heckled while at a Cardinals game in St. Louis. Bad, bad move. I got funny looks the rest of the game as they tried to figure out what I did. That's a fine team, a fine stadium, but a Stepford Wives fan base.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Don't know if this was posted or not, but Gammons actually picked our White Sox over his beloved Red Sox in 5.

That was on espn.com. On the Dan Patrick Show, he picked the Red Sox. What a bastard.

Soxnbears01: white sox

ChiSox7546: white sox

Soxnbears01: go go

ChiSox7546: white sox

Soxnbears01: lets go go go white sox

ChiSox7546 : were with you all the way

SoxnBears01 : you're always in there fighting and you do your best

ChiSox7546 : we glad to have you out here in the middle west

SoxnBears01 : we're gonna root root root root white sox

ChiSox7546 : and cheer you onto victory

SoxnBears01 : when we're in the stand we'll make those rafters ring

ChiSox7546 : all through the season you will hear us sing

SoxnBears01 : lets go go go whiiiiite sox

ChiSox7546 : CHICAGOS PROUD OF YOU

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Kruk... The Red Sox bad pitching benefits them in this series????  WTF is that???

Yeah, last night Harold Reynolds of course picked the Red Sox and Yankees to win and his reasoning was them they have "great depth." Huh? Where? I'll give him the starting offense but I don't see it in the starters, bullpen, or bench for either the RS or Yankees. Steve Phillips picked both the WS and Angels. Consider the sources. Doesn't matter, the WS have to win then they will shut up.

By the way, I think Ozzie sees this as a World Series now. I really think he hates the east coast and all the pub. they get.