Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 2

Heads22

YASNY is totally correct, this is a must win for boston and if we take this game its just gravy, our pitching matchups are are just too good this whole series. Please!!!!! if we lose this game don't get all suicidal and pessimistic, believe in this team, at least for this series. We are on a special roll right now and thank god its a 5 game series b/c we are too hot to lose 3 out of 5. RELAX and enjoy the game, its gonna be LOUD and crazy.

thing to watch for, everett hitting right handed might keep his roll going(crazy thought, but a crazy man) and if it does, add another notch for us winning this next game.

I expect burhle to man up today. I think the crowd will help him anytime he is in trouble

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not gonna say anything more about must wins and all that s***, but if you REALLY believe this is a must win for us today moreso than for boston, then i'm sorry, but your really reminding me of scrub fans. now everyone let your balls hang strong and have some f***in confidence, just like our team is showing you, I believe our team is taking this game full of composure and don't see it like they are gonna fall apart if they lose this game. They will just come back strong and take it one game at a time.

BELIEVE

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)
As an eternal pessimist I'm worried about two things heading into this game: (1) Mark Buehrle has an ERA over 6.00 against the Red Sox in each of the past two seasons, and (2) the Sox historically inept offense following a double-digit scoring performance.

Something to make you feel better ...

6-2

The White Sox’ record in games immediately following games in which they scored 10 or more runs.

(2) the Sox historically inept offense following a double-digit scoring performance.

well since this instance hasn't happened in like 50 years(playoffs) I just don't think that has any affect on this game. Its the playoffs, previous trends usually don't bear much weight. Each game is unique and the only trends are usually game to game when someone gets hot. which is us by the way

Let me clarify what I said in reference to this game deciding the series. This is a must win for Boston. If they don't win tonight they will likely get swept. They do not have the pitching to come from behind 0-2 & 0-3 like previous years.

It's not a must win for the ChiSox because they DO HAVE the offense to scratch out wins with good pitching. But it is equally important in that a win tonight guarantees Bos vs Contreras on Sun @ the Cell. Regardless of what happens in Bos it will be very hard to diminish the momentum the ChiSox will have going into that game following Tues rout.

If we lose tonight then pschologically every Red Sox player can go to Boston thinking they have good enough matchups to end it in 4 & avoid having to go back to ChiSox & face Contreras again. That's a HUGE momentum & pschological shift for the World Series Champions.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Let me clarify what I said in reference to this game deciding the series.  This is a must win for Boston.  If they don't win tonight they will likely get swept.  They do not have the pitching to come from behind 0-2 & 0-3 like previous years.

It's not a must win for the ChiSox because they DO HAVE the offense to scratch out wins with good pitching.  But it is equally important in that a win tonight guarantees Bos vs Contreras on Sun @ the Cell.  Regardless of what happens in Bos it will be very hard to diminish the momentum the ChiSox will have going into that game following Tues rout.

If we lose tonight then pschologically every Red Sox player can go to Boston thinking they have good enough matchups to end it in 4 & avoid having to go back to ChiSox & face Contreras again.  That's a HUGE momentum & pschological shift for the World Series Champions.

Ok. Agreed.

Everyone is pointing out Buehrle's record and ERA against Boston exactly the same as they were pointing out Contreras' record and ERA yesterday. Its the playoffs, everyone starts fresh. I think Buehrle is really going to get up for this one tonite.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
Everyone is pointing out Buehrle's record and ERA against Boston exactly the same as they were pointing out Contreras' record and ERA yesterday. Its the playoffs, everyone starts fresh. I think Buehrle is really going to get up for this one tonite.

Hopefully. I think Mark's fast pace on the hill should help keep them off balance and uncomfortable and maybe fight off some the steam they'll come into tonight's game with.

C'mon Mark, do it.

Wells is 10-3 in his playoff career. This one won't be easy.

Just keep pitching how you've been the past couple of starts and we should be fine. Would love for them to go to Fenway with Freddy pitching in the afternoon.

Just hope the bats stay hot.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Edited by robinventura23

I'd like to see Pods showing bunt with the first 2 pitches, if not actually laying a beauty down the line. Get in Well's head early, make him think about more than just pitching. Make him move around, expend energy etc etc.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

I really think we can win tonight if we score at least 3 in the first 6 innings...because once we get into their bullpen i think we can at least put up 6 TOTAL, meaning game wise...

so i think 6 runs can win, i expect buerhle to give up 3-4...if he gives up more, i doubt we can win...he really needs a good game, but he's come up in big games against POWER teams before, so i think he can do this

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
whitesox -108 bosox -102

over 9

in a separate note whitesox -160 to win division series bosox +140

Pardon my stupidity, but could you explain what that means? I have always had trouble with understanding that stuff.

Thanks! :cheers

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Pardon my stupidity, but could you explain what that means?  I have always had trouble with understanding that stuff.

Thanks! :cheers

-108 means you would have to bet $108 to win your money back plus $100. If you see plus odds you bet $100 to win the amount, plus your original $100 back.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
I disagree.  Even if we lose this game I like our chances.  I like our pitching match ups the rest of the way out.  Our bullpen is also much stronger than theirs.

YASNY, as usual, your insight is dead-on. The Talking Heads were all over Francona for leaving Clement in too long yesterday...but who is he going to go to for middle and long relief?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 07:44 AM)
I think you are completely dissing the momentum shift if they were to win today.

They have Wakefield vs Garcia in Boston & Schilling vs Garland in Boston.  Their starters only need to pitch as good as 7IP/4R for Boston to have a chance to win the next 3.  Our starters need to pitch as good as 7IP/3R. 

On the flip side if we win today .. that kind of momentum behind Garcia & this club is very capable of producing a sweep against Wakefield.

Are you saying if we score more than 4 runs, we have a significant chance of winning each game? Is that the new "magic number"??

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 05:52 AM)
Go Figure, Boston is favored to win the game today...NO RESPECT!!!

Also lets play a game  WIth the Sox playing Game 2 tonight, How many people will show up for the Hawks season opener vs Anaheim???

It won't affect it. Why?

1) It's hockey.

2) It's Blackhawks hockey.

3) see #2

nuff said.