Chicago @ Boston - ALDS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been cautiously optimistic so far and we've won two games, so I'll make the same predicition and hope for the same result.

The Red Sox will come at us with steam coming otta their heads. It's do or die for them and there is no doubt in their mind that they will force a game 5. Freddy will have to match their intensity and keep it close through 6 innings. I see late scoring and it coming down to the bullpens. :headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Friday will be a good game. The Red Sux will come out firing, and the White Sox will have the momentum and energy carried over from the last two games. Scoring first will be important, but not vital--we saw this yesterday. Weather.com says that it will be in the low 70s with a 30% chance of showers throughout the game. Let's rock beantown and get the weekend off! :gosox2: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox4:

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
The good thing about tomorrow is that with Wakefield pitching tomorrow that means no Jason Varitek, that is a huge part of their lineup, I am really suprised they didn't switch to Schilling for game 3

Trust me, Wakefield will be on a short leash and Schilling might be the 1st guy otta the pen.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
Trust me, Wakefield will be on a short leash and Schilling might be the 1st guy otta the pen.

why would they do that? who then would they have for game 4?

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Schilling wont come out of the pen...Papelbon will be out of the pen early!!

no, they will bring in arroyo or meyers, they have a good track record in boston, if wakefield somehow manages the win they will throw schilling against us game 4, then i guarantee clement goes, they have no other option

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...tory?id=2182836

Game 1 starter Matt Clement is expected to be on hand in the bullpen for Game 3 of the Red Sox's ALDS matchup vs. the White Sox at Fenway Park on Friday, the Boston Herald reported Thursday.

Clement was rocked for eight runs in 3 1/3 innings in Boston's 14-2 loss in Chicago on Tuesday. The White Sox are looking to sweep the Red Sox in Boston on Friday, but Boston has won eight of its last nine playoff elimination games.

"We've talked with him about possibly being available out of the bullpen," Red Sox manager Terry Francona told the paper before the Red Sox's 5-4 loss in Game 2 on Wednesday. "We're trying to give our ballclub every possibility to be successful."

Freddy Garcia will start Game 3 for the White Sox with Tim Wakefield going for Boston.

Should the series be extended, Clement would be pitching on a normal four days' rest were he to start Sunday, but pitching in relief in Game 3 would likely preclude him from starting Game 5 at U.S. Cellular Field, the Herald reported.

Also, Red Sox closer Keith Foulke underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Thursday, three months after a similar procedure was performed on his left knee.

Team medical director Dr. Thomas Gill performed the scope at Massachusetts General Hospital, the Red Sox announced.

Foulke will begin a rehabilitation program immediately and is expected to be at full strength for the start of spring training, the team said in a news release.

Foulke missed two months while recovering from July 7 surgery and didn't pitch in a save situation after he returned from the disabled list.

Last fall, Foulke saved all four victories in Boston's World Series sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals, but this year he was 5-5 with a 5.91 ERA, 15 saves and four blown saves. Foulke had a 2.17 ERA and 32 saves in 2004.

10/6/05 should be the most relaxing, smiles all over day for White Sox fans in a long, long time.

Trust me it was :P This was the first day since I can remember that I was just able to relax and just not have to worry about my sox...even the girl knew I wasnt as uptight as i normaly am....having said that lets win this thing tommorrow and sweep the "champs"

I'll be on a plane to California when the game starts; I won't know anything until I land.

Yeah, it will be the most stressful plane flight of my life.

I'll also be away from humanity for most of the game, but I'm not that nervous because even if we lose, we do have that 2-0 margin to work with.

I'd love for us to wrap it up, but truly it is one game at a time with the motto "anything can happen" this time of season.

GO SOX!

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
no, they will bring in arroyo or meyers, they have a good track record in boston, if wakefield somehow manages the win they will throw schilling against us game 4, then i guarantee clement goes, they have no other option

Wakefield would be another viable option for game 5.

Just saw a great stat on Wakefield on ESPN.

Since the ALDS came around...

He is 0-3 in 6 appearances, with the second worst ERA in ALDS history at a whopping 9.02

Not to mention that the Yankers took BP off his ass on Saturday.

Lets kick him while he is down!!!

:fight :fight :fight :fight :fight :finger :finger :finger

i'm wearing my Crede jersey-shirt for the 4th time in 5 days.

Monday at the Rally, Tuesday at the game, Wednesday at home watching the game, and now Friday at work.

of course it hasn't been washed.

you understand, superstisitions....right?'

(just thought i'd share that with all of ya'll)

GO SOX

:gosox3: