Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, later tonight can we turn everything back on soxtalk for a while? Like the searches and being able to see who is in a thread and when they are posting. I really need to search something later tonight if possible.

Go f***ing sox!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
Garland Game 1 starter!!!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Two of the channels already reported Guillen said Garland!!

Which is complete bulls***. Contreras will be on what, 17 days rest? You have to go with your best and our best is clearly contreras at this point.

No excuses if contreras does not start the first game. I know they want to get garland some in game pitching... but game one of the series is not the right time to do so IMO.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Which is complete bulls***. Contreras will be on what, 17 days rest? You have to go with your best and our best is clearly contreras at this point.

No excuses if contreras does not start the first game. I know they want to get garland some in game pitching... but game one of the series is not the right time to do so IMO.

I agree, game 1 sets the tone for the series, and I am a lot more confident in Contreras winning game 1 for the Sox than I am in Garland. Here is to hoping Jon pitches his ass off and we take game 1. :cheers

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
who cares who we throw, all of our guys have stepped it up, garland has been our best all year hell im excited hes pitchin

Except Contreras has been our best pitcher for the past 2 months and is our best pitcher right now. You have to go with the hot hand for game one. You give him a chance to pitch twice in the series.

I agree but it's still a tough choice. If you start Contreras in Game 1, Garland will be so damn rusty from not pitching for a long while.

If it is the Yanks, based on Jose's two starts vs. them this year, I'd go with him.

Actually, Garland got hit pretty good vs. LA at home. I'd have to say Jose and maybe Garland Game 2, with Buehrle Game 3. Buehrle out dueled Colon in LA earlier in the year if I remember correctly.