Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will someone please forward this thread to dumbass fox so that they can start a controversy over whether or not the RALLY CREDE IS A STUPID SUPERSITION OR EVEN IF SUPERSTITIONS ARE STUPID. AND THEN THEY CAN FREAKIN ASK OZZIE THAT QUESTION. I WOULD DIE TO SEE THE LOOK ON HIS FACE.

last note from me. i couldnt listen to postgame show. but i know that OZZIE is deflecting all the negatives of the team on himself. i really WORSHIP him for that. he really has the clubhouse in order. hopefully MB will come out smoking tomorrow. seriously lets hope for 15k in attendance. less corporate wives and more REAL f***IN WHITESOX FANS PLEASE LIKE SOUTHSIDEIRISH & THE BULL & THE REESSTTT OF US IDIOTS HERE! Its just a stupid game. BTW i drove a hall of fame RB mistress in the limo yesterday. she had to leave the hotel before the wife flew into town. these athletes all suck big balloons anyway.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
Interesting, I tend to agree with you on pretty much all accounts, however I disagree that the Red Sox were even close to the worst team to make the playoffs this year or ever as you seem to say.

That would go to the Padres or Yankees.

I should say...I have a heavy bias towards pitching. In October it gets cold and offense seems to shrivel up and die. Usually a team that can play some defense, scrounge up a couple runs on offense, and pitch the ball can do really well.

Last season the BoSox had some bats, but they also had two of the best of all time on the mound (Schilling and Pedro) and a really good closer (Foulke).

Basically put I rated all my teams on pitching and the BoSox were the one team without an ace and while Timlin and that kid (looked damn good to me) are solid, that is everything the BoSox had pitching wise. Clement had been horrid the 2nd half, Wakefield is solid (nothing special though) and the Sox hit him well, Wells is eh (although he'd been good down the stretch) and Schilling is just a shadow of his old self.

I'm harsh on them, but I think the Yanks had a better pitching staff and thats why I gave them the nod up in the AL. To be honest I thought both were pretty bad teams and I really didn't think either of them had a shot (but in a 5 game series anything is possible).

But thats me and like I say, I have an extreme bias towards pitching.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
will someone please forward this thread to dumbass fox so that they can start a controversy over whether or not the RALLY CREDE IS A STUPID SUPERSITION OR EVEN IF SUPERSTITIONS ARE STUPID.  AND THEN THEY CAN FREAKIN ASK OZZIE THAT QUESTION.  I WOULD DIE TO SEE THE LOOK ON HIS FACE. 

last note from me.  i couldnt listen to postgame show.  but i know that OZZIE is deflecting all the negatives of the team on himself.  i really WORSHIP him for that.  he really has the clubhouse in order.  hopefully MB will come out smoking tomorrow.  seriously lets hope for 15k in attendance.  less corporate wives and more REAL f***IN WHITESOX FANS PLEASE LIKE SOUTHSIDEIRISH & THE BULL & THE REESSTTT OF US IDIOTS HERE!  Its just a stupid game.  BTW i drove a hall of fame RB mistress in the limo yesterday.  she had to leave the hotel before the wife flew into town.  these athletes all suck big balloons anyway.

:lolhitting

I think I woke my wife laughing at this one.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
I should say...I have a heavy bias towards pitching.  In October it gets cold and offense seems to shrivel up and die.  Usually a team that can play some defense, scrounge up a couple runs on offense, and pitch the ball can do really well.

Last season the BoSox had some bats, but they also had two of the best of all time on the mound (Schilling and Pedro) and a really good closer (Foulke). 

Basically put I rated all my teams on pitching and the BoSox were the one team without an ace and while Timlin and that kid (looked damn good to me) are solid, that is everything the BoSox had pitching wise.  Clement had been horrid the 2nd half, Wakefield is solid (nothing special though) and the Sox hit him well, Wells is eh (although he'd been good down the stretch) and Schilling is just a shadow of his old self. 

I'm harsh on them, but I think the Yanks had a better pitching staff and thats why I gave them the nod up in the AL.  To be honest I thought both were pretty bad teams and I really didn't think either of them had a shot (but in a 5 game series anything is possible). 

But thats me and like I say, I have an extreme bias towards pitching.

you are correct in my opinion. but i would say that Arod sucks big cahunas and the yankee fans probably would love to trade crede for him. he dont do jack for them in 2 years man...........he doesnt even swing. at least crede will take a rip.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
you are correct in my opinion.  but i would say that Arod sucks big cahunas and the yankee fans probably would love to trade crede for him.  he dont do jack for them in 2 years man...........he doesnt even swing.  at least crede will take a rip.

Hawk would never endorse that trade. He would take Crede over Arod any day.

Interesting, I tend to agree with you on pretty much all accounts, however I disagree that the Red Sox were even close to the worst team to make the playoffs this year or ever as you seem to say.

That would go to the Padres or Yankees.

Obviously, the Padres were the worst team in the playoffs. The Red Sox have a great offense but the Yankees also have a good offense and a much, much better pitching staff than the Red Sox. The Red Sox were the second worst team in the playoffs in my opinion.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:07 AM)
Obviously, the Padres were the worst team in the playoffs.  The Red Sox have a great offense but the Yankees also have a good offense and a much, much better pitching staff than the Red Sox.  The Red Sox were the second worst team in the playoffs in my opinion.

Identical records, both lost in the first round of the playoffs. I don't know, thats an argument for another forum I'd imagine.

Identical records, both lost in the first round of the playoffs.  I don't know, thats an argument for another forum I'd imagine.

The Yankees made it a 5-game series against a good team. The Red Sox got swept and looked terrible while doing it. Pitching wins in the playoffs and the Red Sox had the 20th ranked rotation and the 2nd worst bullpen in the entire MLB. The Yankees also beat the Red Sox in the head-to-head season series. That's why they won the division. There's no doubt which team was better.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Identical records, both lost in the first round of the playoffs.  I don't know, thats an argument for another forum I'd imagine.

To be honest it really doesn't matter. Battle for third place in the al? :P

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
The Yankees made it a 5-game series against a good team.  The Red Sox got swept and looked terrible while doing it.  There's no doubt which team was better.  Pitching wins in the playoffs and the Red Sox had a weak rotation and the second worst bullpen in the entire MLB.

It can be argued in many ways. For instance the Red Sox spent half the amount of money the Yankees did, but the question is irrelevant. they had the same record and were eliminated in the same round of the playoffs.

It can be argued in many ways.  For instance the Red Sox spent half the amount of money the Yankees did, but the question is irrelevant. they had the same record and were eliminated in the same round of the playoffs.

No, it really can't. I'm not factoring in payroll because money can be spent poorly and it can be spent wisely. The White Sox only have a ~$75 million payroll and they swept the Red Sox. If higher payroll teams always have the advantage, why did Boston lose to the White Sox?

The Yankees were a better team than the Red Sox because they had much better pitching and still had a good offense. All Boston had was a great offense. The Yankees at least made it a 5-game series. The Red Sox looked really, really bad and were swept.

Also, the Yankees beat the Red Sox in the head-to-head games during the regular season and that's why they won the division. Obviously, the Yankees were the better team. If Boston was better, they would have won more head-to-head games against the Yankees and therefore, would have won the division.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 04:25 AM)
At this point i think you guys need to just agree to disagree.

It'll continue in PM form. :)

EDIT:

Actually, there is no need to argue. I am satisfied with laughing at this quote:

The Yankees were a better team than the Red Sox because they had much better pitching
Edited by redandwhite

It'll continue in PM form.  :)

EDIT:

Actually, there is no need to argue.  I am satisfied with laughing at this quote:

Sorry, I meant better bullpen there, not overall pitching. Either way, if Boston was truly better than the Yankees, why didn't they win the head-to-head season series and the division? I guess we can discuss this via PM. ;)