Parque feeling slighted by Sox

Mr. Showtime

Link

According to a source close to the situation, the White Sox have decided not to tender Jim Parque's contract for $1.6 million, which would allow the left-handed pitcher to become a free agent.

While general manager Ken Williams said before the end of the season that would likely be the case, he also said early in October that he wanted to sign Parque for less.

So how much is a 26-year-old starting pitcher with playoff experience worth to the Sox? The Daily Southtown has learned that Williams offered Parque $500,000 for the 2003 season, which would not be guaranteed unless Parque makes the 25-man roster. Otherwise, he would make the regular minor-league salary.

While Parque isn't ruling the Sox out of the equation, the team's decision did come as a slap in the face to the southpaw.

Sounds like a good move by Williams. I wouldn't give him guarnateed money when you don't know if he's going to pitch for the Sox.

I think Parque will look around and realize the Sox are his best shot and just go their. Maybe a team like the Devil Rays, Rangers or Tigers takes a shot on him.

Remember, Parque has a lot of confidence in himself. I think I would too if I'd of made it to the major league level. They are all exceptional pitchers and have dominated their whole lives pretty much so I'm sure Parque thinks he can still do it the same.

Remember when he used to pitch when he first came up and he thought he was Randy Johnson with this long lanky delivery.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Remember, Parque has a lot of confidence in himself.  I think I would too if I'd of made it to the major league level.

If he has so much confidence he should have the common sense to go with it that he has sucked for a few seasons now. Take the cut in pay, show JR, KW, and the fans that you're worth what you're asking for, or shut the f*** up and take your pay cut. And any comparison of Butter to Randy Johnson stops at the only thing they have in common and that is they are both pitchers.