Hood, 1000AM, 1:20pm.........

iguchi=dank

Just to let all you Hawk nuts know, Hood just said Harrelson will be coming on at 1:20 pm, although I would check in at 12:20 too incase he was wrong, but I'm SURE its gonna be something we should all not want to miss.

I am PRAYING he says something about Berman's sorry ass and saying that if they were going to let it be a one-sided broadcast that he should have been able to get on WGN.. it would be hilarious

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
Just to let all you Hawk nuts know, Hood just said Harrelson will be coming on at 1:20 pm, although I would check in at 12:20 too incase he was wrong, but I'm SURE its gonna be something we should all not want to miss.

I am PRAYING he says something about Berman's sorry ass and saying that if they were going to let it be a one-sided broadcast that he should have been able to get on WGN.. it would be hilarious

He was on the Score this morning around 10, from the golf course I believe.:) Very complimentary about Ozzie, Jerry, the team of course. Expressed his desire to call the playoff games after doing 180+ games (including spring training), but realized that the networks pay millions to have their guys do it. Didn't really put Berman down or anything. He doesn't really do any Hawkisms while he's watching, though his family shouted the Put it on the board.....Yes! when a homer is hit. His son bought three brooms before the game and placed them around the house. Today is apparently the first round of golf he's played all summer, which I find hard to believe.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Today is apparently the first round of golf he's played all summer, which I find hard to believe.

He was advised not to play golf by his doctor, because of the retinal surgery he had earlier this year, so that was probably true.

Hawk was very disappointed in Marte, saying he is still getting under his breaking ball to lefties but he does not think Bmac will see any post season playing time b/c he ended the season on such a high note and the Sox will want him to stay that way over the whole winter. Hood said that Berman and ESPN are crying because of the Red Sawk loss. Hawk got a huge laugh out of that and gave a big "THEY GONE!" It was pretty good.

Edited by SoxPhan7

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Hawk was very disappointed in Marte, saying he is still getting under his breaking ball to lefties but he does not think Bmac will see any post season playing time b/c he ended the season on such a high note and the Sox will want him to stay that way over the whole winter.

This is ridiculous, if true. What does it matter whether or not he ended this season on a high note? He's more valuable to this team's success than Marte. What good is Damaso when he doesn't have the confidence to retire LH"s? Or throw a god damn strike? He's practically useless right now, and I hope the organization makes the correct choice in leaving him out for McCarthy.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
He was advised not to play golf by his doctor, because of the retinal surgery he had earlier this year,  so that was probably true.

Martha Burke would have a fit if they let pirates on the course, but not women. So, out of respect, Hawk stayed away.