Jermaine Dye to 1B

DBAHO

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
The question you should be asking is how many times is he actually wrong?

Still bringing up only 1/2 the story I see.. Amazing in almost a year here you still only have that one reference..of course you only tell the side of the story that suits you and doesn't make you completely wrong..should we bring up the clement or how about the RJ deals you were for?? Or how about Jarret Wright? Funny you forget those.

This is a pointless arguement; since I am f***ing with you larry..your so easy to play with..

You should execpt honestity from me.. where else you going to get it from? I already said my piece the last day of the season..Sorry I don't need to repeat myself so you can get off..

Thank you for taking the bait.

In any and every situation where I have lobbied for a player, and they havent performed, I have admitted I was wrong. You can search EVERY post that I have ever made, and try and bring up something i was wrong about. Go ahead, in fact I encourage you to make a thread about it. I will tell you where my thought processes were, and where I made the error. That is part of being a man in this world. Truth and opinion do not go hand in hand, this is one life lesson you have yet to learn. Thanks for playing.

(sidebar-I have been here for more than a year, this was not my first handle.)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for taking the bait.

In any and every situation where I have lobbied for a player, and they havent performed, I have admitted I was wrong.  You can search EVERY post that I have ever made, and try and bring up something i was wrong about.  Go ahead, in fact I encourage you to make a thread about it.  I will tell you where my thought processes were, and where I made the error.  That is part of being a man in this world.  Truth and opinion do not go hand in hand, this is one life lesson you have yet to learn.  Thanks for playing.

That be allot of posts...seeing how wrong you been.. but if you want to go ahead..

Again I said my piece others saw it, not my job to make sure your 16 year old ego gets filled.

Most of the things I have not been wrong on; when you tell the whole story.. but you don't never have since I been here never will. You need your ego stoked.

(sidebar-I have been here for more than a year, this was not my first handle.)

WOW to quote from X-men2.. Once again, you think it's all about you.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Again I said my piece others saw it, not my job to make sure your 16 year old  ego gets filled.

Most of the things I have not been wrong on; when you tell the whole story.. but you don't never have since I been here never wil . You need your ego stoked.

WOW to quote from X-men2.. Once again, you think it's all about you.

:lol:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Sorry Rock, I like you on this site alot, but your an idiot to be going back and forth with Anthrax. For probably close till the 21st, 22nd time, he is just starting s*** to start s***. I just shook my head after this...

Just give it up.

If you think im getting upset you are dead wrong. I like to read his poor arguments and his horrible responses to even the most basic question.

Thanks though!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
That comparison doesn't work at all. The move to 1B is one of the easiest around, when players get older and it becomes more of a hassle to move around in the outfield they can find new wind at a spot like 1B where there isn't as much movement.

You use Carl moving to CF as a joke, Carl can't play out there anymore considering how much speed he's lost however Dye could go to first pretty easily.

Konerko is the same, slow as f***.

Dye to first isn't all that far fetched, OF to 1B isn't that tough of a move especially if you have some previous experience at the position. Erstad moved from the OF to 1B and ended up winning a GG last season.

Dye doesn't produce enough for an offensive position like 1B. You need a home-run hitter and/or a big time OBP player. Dye produces neither. Makes the Sox significantly worse. That should be plan ZZZZZZZ

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE(GreenSox @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Dye doesn't produce enough for an offensive position like 1B.  You need a home-run hitter and/or a big time OBP player.  Dye produces neither.  Makes the Sox significantly worse.  That should be plan ZZZZZZZ

Dye's numbers were better than league average, no?

QUOTE(GreenSox @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Dye doesn't produce enough for an offensive position like 1B.  You need a home-run hitter and/or a big time OBP player.  Dye produces neither.  Makes the Sox significantly worse.  That should be plan ZZZZZZZ

Um, wrong. Dye hit 31 HRs this year, lets compare that to other 1B in baseball.

1.) D. Lee - 46 HR

2.) M. Teixeira - 43 HR

3.) A. Pujols - 41 HR

4.) A. Dunn - 40 HR

5.) P. Konerko 40 HR

6.) R. Sexson 39 HR

7.) C. Delgado 33 HR

8.) J. Giambi 32 HR

9.) J. Dye 31 HR

This in turn means Jermaine Dye would have the 4th most HRs of any firstbaseman in the AL, and 9th most in all of baseball. Also the ML average for HRs by a 1B is 14, Dye hit 31; 31 > 14.

Dye's power production is not a reason to not consider him for the 1B spot. This should still be the Sox' 5th option but you can't doubt Dye's power numbers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Um, wrong. Dye hit 31 HRs this year, lets compare that to other 1B in baseball.

1.) D. Lee - 46 HR

2.) M. Teixeira - 43 HR

3.) A. Pujols - 41 HR

4.) A. Dunn - 40 HR

5.) P. Konerko 40 HR

6.) R. Sexson 39 HR

7.) C. Delgado 33 HR

8.) J. Giambi 32 HR

9.) J. Dye 31 HR

This in turn means Jermaine Dye would have the 4th most HRs of any firstbaseman in the AL, and 9th most in all of baseball. Also the ML average for HRs by a 1B is 14, Dye hit 31; 31 > 14.

Dye's power production is not a reason to not consider him for the 1B spot. This should still be the Sox' 5th option but you can't doubt Dye's power numbers.

ESPN would has him 7th out of 1B.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/battin...in=17&ageMax=51