Da Coach

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
the better question is, did white sox josh ever even see ditka coach a game with the bears?

I don't think so. He said he was 17. So he was born in 1988. Let's say he could understand TV at age 5 that would be 1993. Wasn't Ditka gone already?

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I don't think so. He said he was 17. So he was born in 1988. Let's say he could understand TV at age 5 that would be 1993. Wasn't Ditka gone already?

LOL... I love it... Having a group decide at which age an individual could "understand TV".

I'm not attacking you Josh, I just think its a hilarious concept.

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)

Fired at the end of the '92 season.

Not only has Big Mike sang at wrigley(which i don't have problem with).He said "this has always been a cub town,'its always been a northside town".I do have a problem with that.

I never looked at him the same way after that.Hell,he doesn't win s*** without Buddy Ryan,running the best defense in the history of the world,anyway.

On Mike and Mike this morning he said that Chicago has always been a Northside town. Then he praised Ozzie a bit.

Ditka's a twit, I've always hated that man. Annoying as hell. He can keep rooting the northside for all I care. But ya know what? Take what I say with a grain of salt, I hate football. :D

And yeah Josh...ya dork...how can you be a fan of somebody you never saw coach/manage a game? How can you be a fan of something you weren't around to experience? Sheesh...what a moron...

QUOTE(harwar @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Not only has Big Mike sang at wrigley(which i don't have problem with).He said "this has always been a cub town,'its always been a northside town".I do have a problem with that.

I never looked at him the same way after that.Hell,he doesn't win s*** without Buddy Ryan,running the best defense in the history of the world,anyway.

quite clearly, the difference between Ditka and Wannstedt, Jauron, or Lovie is Buddy Ryan. With the team he had, there is no reason the Bears should have only made one Superbowl appearance, even with injuries like McMahon

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
On Mike and Mike this morning he said that Chicago has always been a Northside town. Then he praised Ozzie a bit.

Ditka's a twit, I've always hated that man. Annoying as hell. He can keep rooting the northside for all I care. But ya know what? Take what I say with a grain of salt, I hate football.  :D

And yeah Josh...ya dork...how can you be a fan of somebody you never saw coach/manage a game? How can you be a fan of something you weren't around to experience? Sheesh...what a moron...

Ditka is "Gone With The Wind." Whatever direction the wind blows, he will economically follow! Ditka is a pure Northsider and a Cubs fan. Right now he is a White Sox bandwagoner for a simple reason: It benefits him.

QUOTE(Bighurt52235 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 06:27 AM)
LOL... I love it...  Having a group decide at which age an individual could "understand TV".

I'm not attacking you Josh, I just think its a hilarious concept.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. But c'mon did you really know what was happening on tv when you where 3? Did you even remember?

I still give Ditka a pass.

I love that guy.

It's not like he is saying we suck or he wants us to lose.

I hope he wears the Sox jersey and hope our owner gets him tickets if he wants 'em.

Ditka is a god, small g.

Until the Bears won that title, Chicago really was a city of losers without a title in oh, so long. Of course Mike Jordan changed that big time.

Go SOX!