Around the horn

Soxfest

R.Justice of the Houston Chronicle and TK were both whining if the Yankees do not win tonight they should move Angels/White Sox to HSN network because no one will watch. TK cannot accept the fact Red Sox/Yankees will not happen.Justice claims Angels are best team in AL. I laugh at the fact White sox are so disrespected on to the World Series :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
R.Justice of the Houston Chronicle and TK were both whining if the Yankees do not win tonight they should move Angels/White Sox to HSN network because no one will watch. TK cannot accept the fact Red Sox/Yankees will not happen.Justice claims Angels are best team in AL. I laugh at the fact White sox are so disrespected on to the World Series :gosoxretro:

Ignore espn. That is all.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)

EITHER the Angels or the Spankmees are a VERY formidable opponent for different reasons.

The Angels, IMO, are a LOT more formidable. We will have a battle on our hands with the Angels. The only edge I see is our rotation being set, versus theirs being used to get here.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)

E. S. P. N. Sucks. Penis. :gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)

White Sox will :fight the Angels/Yanks

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
I still can't think that some of you are that dumb; why do you care what ESPN/FOX/Media thinks?

I still say that if the Angels win tonight Fox/ESPN run 2 hour programs during the ALCS on how to fix the Yankess and Red Sox.

i am just reporting what they said I find it amusing.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.Texsox

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Who  cares... I want the Yanks to win in Extra innings where Johnson and Small each have to pitch 5 innings tonight 2 for Rivera too!!!

I dont care who wins, I just want to see a 20 inning afair.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)

:sleep

Tony Konrheiser. I don't care if it goes Extra innings. The Yankee fans and the media have already built in an excuse for them so any victory will be lesser in their eyes due to the air travel situation. We are as confident of a team as you will find so I really don't care who we face.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I dont care who wins, I just want to see a 20 inning afair.

Yeah. Break the record that was set yesterday. That would be awesome. The winner would almost have to use up their whole lineup, although the other game was in the NL, so this game probably wouldn't use as many pinch hitters, and wouldn't go to the bullpen as much.

Then let ESPN run a "computer series" between the Yankees and Red Sox like USA Today did two years ago for the Red Sox and Cubs. They could hype it as the Rubber Match That Should Have Been! and Chris Berman could do the play-by-play along with Tony Reali. I could see the commercial:

"And on the seventh day, God rested."

"And on the eighth day, God created the Yankees and the Red Sox."

"And God said, go forth. Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth with Mickey, Joe, Ted, Carl, Manny, Derek, Pedro, Whitey, Yogi and Babe. And Thou shalt play in the American League Championship Series every year."

"Then came the serpent into the garden of Fenway...."

[picture of Ozzie Guillen celebrating]

cue: Chris Berman's "Graff Error" voice: "Ohhhhhh, NOOOOOO!"

The voiceover can finish with "Yankees. Red Sox. The ALCS that was ordained."

Edited by NO!!MARY!!!

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)

Who the hell is Richard Justice to judge whether or not someone will watch a Yankee-less series? The Houston Astros, of all possible World Series contenders, offer a national viewing audience NOTHING outside of Clemens. Most casual baseball fans couldn't name two people on that team. And while I realize our club similiarily doesn't feature well known athletes, our championship drought is more appealing than anything the Astros could offer.

Just wait--if there's a possible White Sox/Astros World Series we'll hear the SAME whining again about the lack of an appealing storyline.

Edited by Flash Tizzle