Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to miss the first hour or so of the game. I won't be near a computer or a TV. I'm going to go insane. About 8:30 I will be running the half mile back to my dorm to watch the remainder of the game. LET'S GO SOX!!

I also heard an interesting stat- Historically, when the Angels win the first game of a series in the playoffs they are 0-2. Hmmm....

But take it for what its worth, you can throw out all stats during the playoffs. As my Dad was right- Expect the un-expected in the playoffs.

1. Nobody expected the Sox to sweep Boston

2. Nobody expeced Byrd to beat us.

The Angels stole the "Us against the World" mojo from the Sox last night. It is pretty important to the success of this series to get that mojo back. This is a great test for both teams. The big networks dont see it this way, but I dont think they could have put together two teams that would duke it out as tough as I think these two teams will. I expect this series to go a hard-fought seven games.

And true to form, the White Sox couldnt get over the 8 game winning streak hump. For some reason, I dont think the White Sox have won more than 8 games in a row in 20 years, maybe more. Someone call me on that if i am wrong.

Tonight is the biggest game the franchise is playing in a very long time. It is a must win. Going to the West Coast, down 2-0 will not cut it.

I'm putting all my faith in Mark.

I'll be there, in person. Sec 135, Row 14. Cheering as loud as I can. Complete with my Buehrle jersey.

We can do it.

I think the 3 days off might have made the Sox a little rusty. The lack of fundamentals last night really showed. Hopefully, it'll all be regained tonight.

:bringit :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

Edited by robinventura23