Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Well, we've played awful in the first two, so we're due for a good game here somewhere.

PS - John Lackey is by far the ugliest player in baseball.

Hafner and Gibbons are uglier.

Contreras and Jenks and Borchard are no prize either.

This should be a good matchup, garland and lackey, two of the better pitchers this year facing off, im a little worried about garland not pitchin for a while but hell maybe it might help him, we need to score on lackey early otherwise hes gonna ring up those Ks and become unhitable, go sox

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
I think Garland is gonna step up big time.  I expect the offense to be much better on the road.

The pitching staff has just ROCKED so far this post-season...........as I expected them to.......now the hitters gotta step it up a couple of notches and give em some help.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
I hope to hell that Escobar catches Washburn's sickness.  He threw 39 pitches and I don't want to see him ever again.

I told wite before this series started that escobar worried me more then any other pitcher on their staff.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
I told wite before this series started that escobar worried me more then any other pitcher on their staff.

And I told you he was hittable, even considering.

Bad thing you were right - because he was tough as nails tonight - but it is also a good thing I was right. :D

Anyways, the key to game 3, atleast for Garland, is control. If a little research were done, I'm sure you'd find Garland's ERA is much higher when he walks a lot then when he does not. Hell, what I hadn't realized until I finally looked at the numbers was that Garland has only improved on his walk total this year...and that is exactly why he had anywhere close to 20 wins.

If he doesn't walk anybody and goes 7 strong...I say we win.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Anyways, the key to game 3, atleast for Garland, is control.  If a little research were done, I'm sure you'd find Garland's ERA is much higher when he walks a lot then when he does not.  Hell, what I hadn't realized until I finally looked at the numbers was that Garland has only improved on his walk total this year...and that is exactly why he had anywhere close to 20 wins.

I think you could say that about each and every pitcher on this team.

Look at Jose. What's been different for him in the 2nd half? The league actually has a slightly higher batting average against him in the 2nd half...but in slightly more innings, he walked 27 post all-star as opposed to 48 pre all-star.