Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, I'm not nervous at all about tonight...because I think I've seen Garland step it up enough times this season that I think he'll do exactly the same thing tonight. I think he's just waiting to shut those people up who are complaining about his long rest.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
So what can we say about the Angels approach at the plate, if they managed only a handful of hits off of Mark, and probably only won game 1 because of Jose choosing to go to 2nd instead of throwing home?

Like you said, 2 sides to every story.

Pitchings half the battle there, my freind. The pitchers did there part for the Angels, but the White Sox certainly helped out. As for the Angels approach at the plate, I think it can be similarly said for them, when you have a guy like Buehrle about to enter the tenth inning pitching only 97 pitches.

I feel better about Garland, I think he'll keep them in the game. The real question for me is the bats. I hope they have a much better approach against Lackey than they have in the past.

edit: I do like the fact that it's 95 degrees outside right now. Hopefully the bats will warm up with the weather!

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Just a little over 3 hours until game time...

Pods, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Dye, RF

PK, 1B

Everett, DH

Rowand, CF

AJ, C

Crede, 3B

Uribe, SS

Gar, RHP

Ozzie said if the hitting doesn't pick up he may start switching some guys again. Might be a good time for Jermaine Dye to do something productive.

Consider, entering Game 3 tonight, the Sox are hitting .215 with one home run. They have struck out 12 times and walked twice.

Manager Ozzie Guillen admitted more struggles tonight could cause him to juggle his lineup for the first time this postseason. No. 3 hitter Dye seems to be on the hottest seat, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

Edited by robinventura23

Consider, entering Game 3 tonight, the Sox are hitting .215 with one home run. They have struck out 12 times and walked twice.

Manager Ozzie Guillen admitted more struggles tonight could cause him to juggle his lineup for the first time this postseason. No. 3 hitter Dye seems to be on the hottest seat, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

yeah but the angels are batting .190

they fail to mention that part