Game 7

Hawkfan

I know that contreres is our ace now, and also that he won't be in for game seven probably, but if you were to have a game seven and you could choose from any one of our starters, who would you choose? I won't say contreras, even before i saw beuhrle go lights out tonight, i would have to go with MB.

gotta be Mark. It wont be contreras because he's going game 5. but we've yet to see Jon in the post season and i dont really trust Freddy alllll that much.

Mark is the anchor of our staff and he's my man if it came to that.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
It's Jose for me still.  That being said if we do go to a game 7 in this series it's going to be Jon.

if the rotation stays the same. i think it's all contingent on jon's performance tomorrow

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
if the rotation stays the same.  i think it's all contingent on jon's performance tomorrow

There's not really anything we'd be able to do unless it would be to move freddy up a day which I doubt happens. If we go to a game 7 it will be Jon.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
There's not really anything we'd be able to do unless it would be to move freddy up a day which I doubt happens.  If we go to a game 7 it will be Jon.

thats kinda scary innit?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
thats kinda scary innit?

To be honest..no. I'm so confident right now after todays win. If we can somehow get fridays game I think we would have just put ourselves in such amazing shape. We'd go up 2-1 guaranteeing a trip back to chicago if needed and guaranteeing that with needing 2 wins we'd have Jose and Mark both to go if it came to that. Friday's game would just be so huge for this team to win.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
To be honest..no.  I'm so confident right now after todays win.  If we can somehow get fridays game I think we would have just put ourselves in such amazing shape.  We'd go up 2-1 guaranteeing a trip back to chicago and guaranteeing that with needing 2 wins we'd have Jose and Mark both to go if it came to that.  Friday's game would just be so huge for this team to win.

oh i agree, but if it came down to jon garland game 7 i'd piss myself.

sure he's been great this year but i dont know about the pressure...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
oh i agree, but if it came down to jon garland game 7 i'd piss myself.

sure he's been great this year but i dont know about the pressure...

You can't tell me that the iceman would crack under that pressure. He's eaten pressure alive on the mound this season.

He's been beaten when his best stuff wasn't working for him or when Ozzie left him in too long...but when he's been out there and its become crunch time...no one on this staff has done a better job of cinching it up and hunkering down than Garland.

Case in point: Tejada. Strike 3.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
You can't tell me that the iceman would crack under that pressure.  He's eaten pressure alive on the mound this season.

He's been beaten when his best stuff wasn't working for him or when Ozzie left him in too long...but when he's been out there and its become crunch time...no one on this staff has done a better job of cinching it up and hunkering down than Garland.

Case in point:  Tejada.  Strike 3.

Lol, I love how that is always brought up about Garland. That was a huge moment in the beginning of the season.

I too am confident in him but I hope we wrap it up before game 7 to tell you the truth. :gosox1:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
I'd have Contreras start, but I'd also have every starter ready to go in relief and everyone on a really short leash.

Not sure I'd like that...the starter most likely to come in would be the guy who would have gone had there been such a thing as game 8...and that would be Mr. Garcia.

In other words, it would be Freddy, at home, at night, and coming out of the bullpen (hence...short warmup...first inning.)

Ouch.

Maybe MB could be ready for a couple of innings.

You can't tell me that the iceman would crack under that pressure. He's eaten pressure alive on the mound this season.

Case in point: Tejada. Strike 3.

[/quote I believe we are lucky to have such fine starting pitchers. I believe in Freddie the more adrenaline in freddie the better he pitches. Ever notice its usually after someone scores on freddie that he settles down and pitches great. He'll be so pumped that he'll pitch the game of his lifetime I don't have a back up plan because Garcia will rise to the occasion. I would however: get McCarthy signed up for the world series roster. :cheers

Didn't Timo pitch in Little League?

You know, just sayin'

Depending on the state of the bullpen entering that game, I'd be inclined to use the pen before sending in starters on short rest. We have had one of the AL's better pens.

It lays out to be Garland's start, but if things blow up, don't forget about El Duque. Everyone is available for a game 7 so the fact that he is not stretched out isn't such a big deal, more important to set a good tone in the early innings.