World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question:

Why Ticket Master on the Phone? Doesn't that pretty much open the availability to everyone in the world with a phone / internet.

Why not sell them at the Box office, charge me for parking, just let the real fans have a chance.

The fact that every ticket broker in the county has 30+ people working the phones so they can in turn sell them to a chump like me is ridiculous.

Fed-Ex just dropped of my game 6 tickets that I bought on Stub-Hub, they came from Utah.

The internet / phone is a joke.

:cheers

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Yep.  The old "Blind Pig," theme and variations.  :bang

To get around various liquor sales laws, proprietors would charge a cover charge to see some 'amazing' sight in the tavern, like a blind pig or something equally stupid.  Then they'd just happen to serve 'free' booze to the folks who seem unusually interested in seeing some crap in the back room.

Very creative.

There may not be blind pigs around here, but if the Sox advance one more round, you may be able to see one fly.... :D

OK here are some alternative phone numbers.  I don't know what locations will be selling White Sox tickets, but here are the Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconson phone numbers to the individual ticketmaster outlets

Indiana

Customer Service

Anderson/Muncie 765-644-3131

Bloomington 812-333-9955

Evansville 812-423-7222

Ft. Wayne 260-424-1811

Indianapolis 317-239-5151

Lafayette 765-743-5151

South Bend 219-272-7979

Terre Haute 812-234-2424

Illinois

Chicago 312-559-1212

Springfield 217-544-9400

Peoria 309-676-8700

Normal 309-454-5500

Champaign 217-351-2626

Danville 217-442-3434

Wisconson

Appleton 920-731-5000

Green Bay 920-494-1414

Madison 608-255-4646

Milwaukee 414-276-4545

Ok now with these numbers, how would we get the tickets? Would you need to go to the ticketmaster in the listed city, or can you still pick them up at the box office at comiskey?

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
really? i just looked on ebay and it seemed like no one else was doing that.

i think i'm just going to wait and see what i get, then see what happens from there.

It was something I thought of, I don't know if anyone else was thinking that far ahead or not to be honest. It would be a much easier transaction, because you never even have to buy the tickets, you are just selling your right to purchase tickets this weekend. It would be a pure profit deal.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:04 AM)
No, f*** that. I can be pissed off if I want to. When the people who have been supporting the team and going to the games all year can't go to the f***ing playoff games it sucks. And don't tell me otherwise. Sorry if I had the "audacity" to think I might be able to actually not have to pay a premium for tickets I thought I in a way "deserved." It boggles my mind that someone has the "audacity" to say that I had the "audacity" to think I had a chance of getting tickets.

You guys got it all wrong - as someone who has tickets is several sports venues in Chicago you have to realize the only thing they care about is selling out the venue- they don't give a crap who to.

All the franchises on both college and professional level care only about selling their tickets - loyalty is not a factor!!!!

You can be pissed off if you don't get any but you can't tell me you actually have a good shot at getting tix....I'll be trying but if I don't get any, I'm not going to be bitter towards Ticketmaster or send emails to Brooks Boyer complaining about it since the demand will outweigh the supply....And I used audacity because some posters last week felt they were entitled to ALCS tix just because they're fans and used a computer :banghead

The bitterness did not come at the expense of the Chicago White Sox knowing that MLB controls the tickets... the bitterness came about due to proxy errors and the Ticketmaster program in general. It was my understanding that some 1,000 tickets went unused for one of games (either 1 or 2) that were in control of by ticket brokers. I say that is horse s***... not to mention the fact that after the national anthem was played tickets were going for half price.

As for emails to Brooks Boyer, I have talked to him a number of times and feedback is alway appreciated from my understanding. I am a weekend season ticket holder for the Sox and my understanding is that any complaints that come into their general mail box or to him have gone into review for next season and the restructuring of possible ticket distribution.

So to fess up to everything, I was the one that started the string in regards to the ALCS and Ticketmaster and so far very good things have come from it. I have received a lot of great emails from fans with the same situations. Not to mention conversations with the local media that received my emails.

Yes, I am just a small voice and one person, but I received a ton of fan support and I can guarantee that for once my voice did not fall upon deaf ears. Though nothing has changed in the purchasing for tickets from one series to the next but the wheels are turning in the minds of the fans, executive officers and Chicago Media and that is all I ever asked for.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
OK here are some alternative phone numbers.  I don't know what locations will be selling White Sox tickets, but here are the Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconson phone numbers to the individual ticketmaster outlets

Indiana

Customer Service

Anderson/Muncie 765-644-3131

Bloomington 812-333-9955

Evansville 812-423-7222

Ft. Wayne 260-424-1811

Indianapolis 317-239-5151

Lafayette 765-743-5151

South Bend 219-272-7979

Terre Haute 812-234-2424

Illinois

Chicago 312-559-1212

Springfield 217-544-9400

Peoria 309-676-8700

Normal 309-454-5500

Champaign 217-351-2626

Danville 217-442-3434

Wisconson

Appleton 920-731-5000

Green Bay 920-494-1414

Madison 608-255-4646

Milwaukee 414-276-4545

I hope that they remember that South Bend's area code is 574 now.

i think we should come up with some system so that as many soxtalk posters are trying for as many tix as possible on as many computers as possible so the highest number of die hard fans can go. not sure what that system would be but i feel like we need to get together and figure something out

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
i think we should come up with some system so that as many soxtalk posters are trying for as many tix as possible on as many computers as possible so the highest number of die hard fans can go.  not sure what that system would be but i feel like we need to get together and figure something out

Some plan you got there, pally. :D :D

But I agree. I got the plane ticket already and now just need the game tix.

Maybe I could start a 'Win a Night With Flaxx' contest, and all the lucky winner would have to do is land us a couple tickets to game 1 or game 2?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Some plan you got there, pally.  :D  :D

But I agree.  I got the plane ticket already and now just need the game tix.

Maybe I could start a 'Win a Night With Flaxx' contest, and all the lucky winner would have to do is land us a couple tickets to game 1 or game 2?

haha yeah i know a lot of help i am.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
i think we should come up with some system so that as many soxtalk posters are trying for as many tix as possible on as many computers as possible so the highest number of die hard fans can go.  not sure what that system would be but i feel like we need to get together and figure something out

If my buddy doesn't ask me, and I know I can't go, I'd prolly just try to get in for someone else.

I'll try to get them on Tuesday and watch from home if I can't.

I will never patronize a scalper because I think they are despicable vermin.

I'd rather not go than contribute to one of the main reasons more tickets aren't available to "real fans".

EDITED to add that I just looked at Stubhub for laughs, and the "cheapest" World Series ticket on there right now is 700 bucks.

:lol: :nono :lol: :nono :lol: :finger

Edited by The Critic

well, you can always do what I did for the alcs--

wait until the last moment, corner a scalper (or two) at Jimbo's and then lowball them while they're afraid of totally eating $100 tickets.

Maybe I shouldn't have told you my plan......

amazing absolotely amazing.

perfect plan, thank you.