World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(maki @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)
how do you not think that a team within driving distance that regularly makes the trip to wrigley in force will not bring fans to our stadium?

What does it matter... I'm "dead wrong". :rolly

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like locking this thread. This has been beat down long enough.

Carry on, or at least while I feel like I can stand the b****ing, which ain't much longer.

YOUR TEAM IS IN THE f***ING WORLD SERIES. STOP b****ING ABOUT THE TICKETS.

/off that slippery soapbox

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
I agree.   Can you imagine the price for WS tix at Busch?

No idea on the Busch market, so I wont speculate, but since it's the last season there I would agree that the prices there will probably be nuts like they were in Boston last year.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
I heard some people called ticketmaster like a half hour early asking questions about concerts and stuff basically stalling till 12:00 and then being the first to buy sox tickets.

:finger  DOH ....why didn't I think of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried that and even 1/2 hour before they went on sale, every damn line in the country was already busy....and I thought I was so smart. :bang

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
I heard some people called ticketmaster like a half hour early asking questions about concerts and stuff basically stalling till 12:00 and then being the first to buy sox tickets.

got through at 9:15 to check how long the automated process would take, then came back from breakfast and tried getting through starting at about 11:05. not a line in the country for 55minutes. was on the phone w/ TM Toronto just to give it a shot and couldn't even get through for another 40 minutes, at about 12:25.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)

I tried doing exactly that, lurking within the system calling up miscellaneous event information and then jumping onto the WS tickets right at noon. After a couple of aborted attempts I got back in at about 11:50. With about 2 minutes to go I realize that the automated system much have become overloaded because I got STUCK on a Miami Dolphins game event and the "Kelly" robot voice kept telling me to "press 3 to exit" but wouldn't respond!!! I couldn't exit that event no matter what I did and had to hang up, never to get beck in again until the tix were gone.

I thought I had it beat.

:crying :crying :crying :banghead :banghead :banghead

While I'm totally pumped about our Sox making the World Series, I'm even more pumped to see auctions on ebay expiring with out any bids. The clowns that think were going to pay through the nose for tickets are crazy. It's really simple, Supply / Demand drives = Prices. Hold out fans, don't buy till the day of the game and watch the prices drop like a rock.

:chair :gosox1: :gosox1: :chair

:finger the scalpers

QUOTE(DaSoxFan @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
While I'm totally pumped about our Sox making the World Series, I'm even more pumped to see auctions on ebay expiring with out any bids. The clowns that think were going to pay through the nose for tickets are crazy.  It's really simple, Supply / Demand drives = Prices.  Hold out fans, don't buy till the day of the game and watch the prices drop like a rock.

:chair  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :chair

:finger the scalpers

You're more excited to watch auctions on ebay than you are to watch the Sox play in the World Series???

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
didnt you search for it on yahoo images??

thats where I found it.

Nope, I used my secret methods that only us super secrete squirrel kids use. :ph34r:

Nah Flaxx, I'm not a musical fan. Unless it is starring those 4 brothers that I love so dearly.

Here's my new plan:

I shall slay Jeff Blum and bring his head to Kenny, thus taking his roster spot. That way, I get to watch all the World Series games from the bench -- INCLUDING the away games.

Maybe they'll even bring me in to play a little 9th inning third base in a blowout.