Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Time for some real bball now as SIU-Creighton about to tip off. :)

I'll have it on Gamecast at work and before I head to Northwestern for the high school double header.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Best name I've heard.

Jay Wright.

Hopefully for IU fans, that will happen after this year.

I'm sure they'll name an interim coach and then clean house after the year.

Worst thing for them will be DJ White transferring, Vaden possibly as well.

But it won't take long to turn things around there, even if those guys do leave.

If they clean house altogether (Rupp/Marsh), Ben Allen would leave too.

This just doesn't seem real anymore. This is analogous to the White Sox' season, except we DID collapse.

What a messy situation. I can't imagine seeing Davis showing his face again in Assembly Hall, after today. Flu or no flu, what timing. I guess the coaching change will have to happen before the conclusion of the season.

I feel bad for Davis. He's a great guy, but he was never going to win in this situation. No one was going to be able to succeed Knight and do well. It's best for the two to seperate. He'll definitely be able to catch on with an NBA team or a smaller school.

The game was just unreal. So many missed opportunities; Iowa let us have a shot, and we didn't do it. I feel like my heart's still racing from the ending.

And I'm glad the 'black-out' was all hype. I didn't see any of it.

f***ing thug ass Minnesota taking cheap shots all over the place.

Hightower has to call everyone in to get this thing back into order.

Grier and Gray got T'ed up.

Puchtel or whatever his name is needs to get laid out.

They've played their best and are still only up 2 at home.

Let's go State, beat these bastages.

They've made it personal.

SIU with an absolutely huge f***in win. On the road against Creighton who is number 19 in the rpi. Barring a total collapse this should lock up an at large. Nobody has helped their tourny resume more then us this week. w00t :headbang

Also, Bryan Mullins=God.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Greasy,  what's wrong with Indiana?  They're very dissapointing right now.  Not that it hurts me that much as an Illini fan. :D

DJ got hurt.

Killingsworth was basically unknown at the beginning of the season, and no one knew what to do with him. Once they thought they had started to figure him out, DJ comes back. Killingsworth and DJ would always demand 3 guys on them, and this would open up easy outside shots.

And then DJ went down for the second time.

Killingsworth is no longer an unknown. For the most part, you can guarantee yourself victory, if you stop Killingsworth on offense, or get him into foul trouble.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
And I'm glad the 'black-out' was all hype.  I didn't see any of it.

I knew about the blackout from the discussion earlier and I watched a few minutes of the game to watch for it. I thought I saw a rather large amount of black shirts in the crowd to tell you the truth.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
I knew about the blackout from the discussion earlier and I watched a few minutes of the game to watch for it.   I thought I saw a rather large amount of black shirts in the crowd to tell you the truth.

Behind the Iowa bench, maybe? Believe me, I had a great view today, and it looked like any other game.