Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who didn't see it, what did he say?

He basically got angry and said that "see, that is why there's a Duke conspiracy", this was after Temple pulled to within 5-6 points and Redick pushes a guy to the floor, and then Temple got whistled for brushing against JJ 2 seconds later. They showed the replay again and Len said there was clearly a push-off, "you can't argue with pictures".

A fitting tribute, Dee and James set the new all time record for wins at Illinois by winning over a very good opponent in their final home game. Now let's finish out strong and make a nice run in the 2 tournaments and really send the guys out on a good note. I still wish we'd make some free throws, but it was nice to see the others besides Dee and Augie step up, and it was nice to see everybody on Iowa pretty much shut down besides Brunner, who I'm glad to see will be gone after this season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Really an emotional ending to all of this.  Both players looked close to tears while addressing the crowd after the game.

Solid, solid game and win.

I was in tears...my last home game

NOW JASON GET THIS STUPID HAWKEYE OUT OF MY SIGNATURE

I think DJ is playing now, from what I understand. I don't see him giving us that much, but it could be a "Rudy" thing and give us a nice jolt.

Congrats to tOSU, I guess it's kind of nice to be one of the teams that beat them in the Big Ten.

And yay, I just got done playing a game with the IU managers against the MSU managers. Let's hope tomorrow's game goes as well as tonight's did. :lol:

So here is how everything shook out:

1. Wichita State

2. SIU

3. Missouri State

4. Creighton

5. Bradley

6. UNI

7. Evansville

8. Drake

9. Indiana State

10. Illinois State

Thursday, March 2

Game 1 - Drake vs. Indiana St., 6 p.m.

Game 2 - Evansville vs. Illinois St., 8:30 p.m.

Friday, March 3

Game 3 – Wichita St. vs. Winner Game 1, noon

Game 4 – Creighton vs. Bradley, 2:35 p.m.

Game 5 – SIU vs. Winner Game 2, 6 p.m.

Game 6 – Missouri St. vs. Northern Iowa, 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 4

Game 7 - Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:30 p.m.

Game 8 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4 p.m.

Sunday, March 5

Game 9 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 1 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------

UNI ended up with the 6 seed, pretty crazy stuff.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
So here is how everything shook out:

1. Wichita State

2. SIU

3. Missouri State

4. Creighton

5. Bradley

6. UNI

7. Evansville

8. Drake

9. Indiana State

10. Illinois State

Thursday, March 2

Game 1 - Drake vs. Indiana St., 6 p.m.

Game 2 - Evansville vs. Illinois St., 8:30 p.m.

Friday, March 3

Game 3 – Wichita St. vs. Winner Game 1, noon

Game 4 – Creighton vs. Bradley, 2:35 p.m.

Game 5 – SIU vs. Winner Game 2, 6 p.m.

Game 6 – Missouri St. vs. Northern Iowa, 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 4

Game 7 - Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:30 p.m.

Game 8 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4 p.m.

Sunday, March 5

Game 9 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 1 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------

UNI ended up with the 6 seed, pretty crazy stuff.

Dammit! SIU has to play MSU or UNI in the second round(provided they can beat E-ville or Ill St). Thats gonna be a tough second game, although I bet WSU is cursing that they get Creighton in their side of the bracket.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
I think DJ is playing now, from what I understand.  I don't see him giving us that much, but it could be a "Rudy" thing and give us a nice jolt.

Congrats to tOSU, I guess it's kind of nice to be one of the teams that beat them in the Big Ten. 

And yay, I just got done playing a game with the IU managers against the MSU managers.  Let's hope tomorrow's game goes as well as tonight's did.  :lol:

Greasy, did you read that SIU and IU just signed a home and home contract? I think SIU football is also visiting IU next year as well.

http://www.southernillinoisian.com/article...ts/10004880.txt

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Dammit!  SIU has to play MSU or UNI in the second round(provided they can beat E-ville or Ill St).  Thats gonna be a tough second game, although I bet WSU is cursing that they get Creighton in their side of the bracket.

Creighton's going down first round and the Shocks are going down on Saturday. :o

Really, with the top 6 as strong as there is, there was no way to get a perfect draw. I like what we got, I wanted to avoid Bradley for as long as possible and that happened. We also lucked out in the fact that we get Evansville or Illinois State in the quarters and don't have to go at one of the top 6 there. It's going to be one fun weekend though, I can't wait to get there Friday.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Greasy, did you read that SIU and IU just signed a home and home contract?  I think SIU football is also visiting IU next year as well.

http://www.southernillinoisian.com/article...ts/10004880.txt

Yep. I knew about the football for a while, because I have a HS friend that plays for SIU. And Rowand showed me the basketball. It's a good non-conference set-up for the both of us.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
All illini fans, it never hurts to watch this again.

http://home.comcast.net/~voodoomanii/onlin...ge/ILAZ_Med.wmv

I witnessed 6 Bulls titles. I've seen the White Sox win a title. I've never in my life gotten as loud, hype, crazy, nuts, ect as I did when the Illini won that game. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen as far as team sports go. March 26, 2005. I'll never forget. Props to Dee and James on outstanding careers. Good luck in the NBA.