Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, this thread has reached 300 pages, yay! Lol.....oh and I am interested in Jimbo's thoughts on last nights game. Kansas just rolled over, and that kinda surprised me I must admit.

Oh, and I was at Illini/Arizona last year....I will die with that game being the only one where people all around me were crying their eyes out. I've never seen anything like it. The Bulls winning was expected, the White Sox winning (for me) was intense joy, but just as intense relief. That, that was something I can't describe. Most amazing thing I've ever seen, by far.

Ha you guys forget fast. JD won't be in this thread for a week. That was his bet. He wouldn't talk Kanasa b-ball if they lost.

We've got MSU here in just under 3 hours. Senior day and it's also Davis' last home game, there should be some interesting speeches. And it'll also be interesting to see what ends up happening with DJ today. A win today would be absolutely huge to our tourney hopes.

GO HOOSIERS!

f*** yes. This is so big for us. We looked great today. Vaden, Killer, and Strick all had some solid games today. This moves us up a spot in the conference, and now we must find 2 more wins on the schedule. That should be enough to get us in.

And the surprise was that the '81 championship team was honored at halftime with a lot of the players being recognized. Also, Landon Turner, who was a junior when they won the championship, was in a car accident that offseason that paralyzed him from the waist down. He gave the senior speech today that he was unable to give at the time. Good stuff.

Great way to go out at home for Coach Davis and the Hoosiers today!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
greasy, what was Senior Day like after the game?  Did they do the standard player speeches?  If so, what were they like?  How was Killingsworths? 

s***, are Killingsworth, Monroe, Strickland and Kline the only seniors?

Yeah, they're the only seniors.

Davis spoke, introducing the players and telling us about the surprise. He said some really good things, saying he wants to be a part of Indiana basketball for the rest of his life, etc. He's really represented himself well.

Killingsworth spoke first. He really didn't have anything prepared. He just thanked coaches, players, fans, and his family and friends. His was the shortest.

Kline went next, and his was longer. He had specific names to thank, being here for so many years. His was good.

Monroe was short and sweet too--very similar to Marco's.

Strick was last, and he got the biggest reception. He deserved it. He closed his speech thanking everyone and saying he was honored to wear the Indiana jersey for 4 years. He had the best speech. He's really been an unspoken leader the past four years, and we'll really miss him.

The cool thing was that not one person left after the game this year. I remember last year, there were only a few thousand of us that stuck around to hear the speeches.

How many of them thanked greasywheels??

It's days like today that may have a major effect on whether guys like DJ White and Vaden stay.

I'm watching the Nova-UConn game and a few minutes ago saw Nova run a real nice backdoor alleyoop for a dunk to one of their guards. Made me wonder, why IU doesn't design those kind of plays for guys like Wilmont and/or Ratliff? Both of those guys are athletic enough and you would think with most teams worried about guarding Killingsworth inside and defending the three there would be opportunities for such plays.