Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 4

Heads22

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was so cool to get that text message from Jason. I was at a retreat where no phones were allowed, but I knew better, so when my phone started vibrating, I ducked into the bathroom and read "Sox 5 2 Garland went the distance". People thought I was having a seizure while I peed.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Umm..disagree, see Cubs 2003.

Someone else was saying this to me yesterday. We're not the 2003 Cubs, the 2004 Yanks, this is the 2005 White Sox. I know things aren't guaranteed. The regular season proved that, but this team is different.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Someone else was saying this to me yesterday.  We're not the 2003 Cubs, the 2004 Yanks, this is the 2005 White Sox.  I know things aren't guaranteed.  The regular season proved that, but this team is different.

I know and with Contreras, Buehrle, and Garland going we would be in terrific shape, but I'm just reminding people not to get over confident.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
If the Sox win tonight, my parents might just want to keep me home this weekend and forget about going back to school.

My grades will be an absolute joke if we, um, you know what. :ph34r:

Pitching Staff :notworthy

Ozzie :notworthy

True Sox Fans :notworthy

:lol: your home too this weekend?

yeah, things are not going to be good this semester, but honestly, even my parents have to understand this happens once in a lifetime, who cares about a "GPA" :lolhitting

I think we can hit Santana. The key vs him is laying off his off-speed pitches that sink into the dirt. If our hitters can do that and look for that fastball- I think we can get off to an early start like we did last nite with that 3 spot.

GO WHITE SOX!

I LIVE FOR THIS!

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
:lol: your home too this weekend?

yeah, things are not going to be good this semester, but honestly, even my parents have to understand this happens once in a lifetime, who cares about a "GPA" :lolhitting

I'm home alright.

Luckily, my parents are just as giddy about our Sox as I am. My pop is a lifelong, diehard Northside Sox fan. I have their blessing to be a Sox bum for the next few weeks.

Like you said, this is once in a lifetime stuff and I'm not missing a pitch. :cheers

Right now, we are as close to the Fall Classic as we have been since 1959. We have not been less than 2 wins from the W.S. since that year.

Freddy...GET US 1 GAME CLOSER.

It's all you big man. Prove to us once again why we wanted that arm of yours.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Right now, we are as close to the Fall Classic as we have been since 1959.  We have not been less than 2 wins from the W.S. since that year.

Freddy...GET US 1 GAME CLOSER.

It's all you big man.  Prove to us once again why we wanted that arm of yours.

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:

If you want to be technical, we were 2 games away in 83 because it was a 5 game ALCS series then.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
If you want to be technical, we were 2 games away in 83 because it was a 5 game ALCS series then.

Actually I believe I was technically correct...I said we have not been LESS than 2 games away since 1959, which is exactly the case. We are currently tied with that mark, set in both 83 and 93.

1 more win and we enter territory uncharted in my lifetime...hell in almost 2 of my lifetimes stacked on top of each other.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Actually I believe I was technically correct...I said we have not been LESS than 2 games away since 1959, which is exactly the case.  We are currently tied with that mark, set in both 83 and 93.

1 more win and we enter territory uncharted in my lifetime...hell in almost 2 of my lifetimes stacked on top of each other.

Language can give false impressions. You should run for public office. :usa

I suspect Illinois will be looking for a new governor. Governor Balta?? :usa

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
Actually I believe I was technically correct...I said we have not been LESS than 2 games away since 1959, which is exactly the case.  We are currently tied with that mark, set in both 83 and 93.

Nice try, Balta. :D

Hey, are you going to the game today? I'm counting down the hours right now until 2pm when I head over to west LA, pick up another Sox fan and start the trek down to anaheim. If they win tonight I'm going tomorrow for sure (I won't elaborate for fear of the jinx).

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)

The '64 team finished 1 game behind the Jankees. 1 game away from the WS.

You young whipper snappers! :D