Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 5

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Byrd v Contreras is, on paper, the matchup that favors us most. But behold, the one time we saw it, Byrd laid eggs on the scoreboard, and we've actually done better and better as the matchups became less and less favorable. The reverse has also been true.

Tomorrow is a must-win in many respects. Another off day might cause the good-hitting team and the bad-hitting team to switch places. It will be necessary to ride this hot streak out -- but recent history is against us.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Interesting.

Byrd v Contreras is, on paper, the matchup that favors us most. But behold, the one time we saw it, Byrd laid eggs on the scoreboard, and we've actually done better and better as the matchups became less and less favorable. The reverse has also been true.

Tomorrow is a must-win in many respects. Another off day might cause the good-hitting team and the bad-hitting team to switch places. It will be necessary to ride this hot streak out -- but recent history is against us.

What happened to Santana dominating us?

Lets finish this thing. Jose do your thing and I got a feeling this time our hitters might be able to get to Byrd if they have the same approach at the plate that they've had the past two games. GO SOX!!!!!!!!!! LETS WIN THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting.

Byrd vs Contreras was also unfavorable conditions for the Sox. It was a relatively cold night in Chicago, thus killing any flyball hit by the Sox, Anaheim was on an adrenaline high, and the Sox hadnt played in 4 days. This is completely different circumstances.

And tomorrow isn't a must-win. They have 2 more games after that. I'd like to wrap it up tomorrow, just to be assured...but it's not a must win.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I made the bold prediction that no more ALCS games will be played in Chicago... I stand by that!  Let's take it tonight!

I actually made the same prediction. Great minds think alike. :cheers

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
I hear this game could land us somewhere quite special....am I dreaming?

'Special' as in short bus 'special,' or something even better? :D

Finish it off tonight White Sox, and come home World Series-Bound ALCS Champs! :headbang :gosox3:

Interesting.

Just STFU!

I'm not taking anything for granted. We are in an unbelievable situation right now. But, as that other lame team in Chicago taught us 2 years ago, it's ain't over until it's over. We gotta go for the throat in game 5. Don't give them any kinda hope they can get back in this thing. I think Jose is the right man for the job. I still can't believe this is happening. :gosox3:

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
I'm not taking anything for granted.  We are in an unbelievable situation right now.  But,  as that other lame team in Chicago taught us 2 years ago,  it's ain't over until it's over.  We gotta go for the throat in game 5.  Don't give them any kinda hope they can get back in this thing.  I think Jose is the right man for the job.  I still can't believe this is happening. :gosox3:

Word for word, I agree with you.