Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 5

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Lighten the f*** up. And I dont want anyone telling me to not jinx anything, and the Cubs did the same thing. Were not the Cubs, we dont have a curse, and we have dominated the Halos.

Its out year.

I'm glad somebody said it. Of all the long-drought teams, we're the only ones who haven't blamed an outside source for our failure (i.e. The Curse). I think that really says something about the character of the fan base. No excuses, just win!!!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
I'm not taking anything for granted.  We are in an unbelievable situation right now.  But,  as that other lame team in Chicago taught us 2 years ago,  it's ain't over until it's over.  We gotta go for the throat in game 5.  Don't give them any kinda hope they can get back in this thing.  I think Jose is the right man for the job.  I still can't believe this is happening. :gosox3:

Think we can hire Bartman to snag an Angels' foul ball? Vladdy would be so pissed...

I like the chances of Jose C to continue where he left off in game 1. He settled down after the Angels took a 3-0 lead early on. The key is to give him the early lead this time. After a 2nd time around I don't see how we cant hit this Byrd guy. He throws a lot of junk- the key is for our hitters to wait for his fast ball and let it loose. Could it be 4 straight complete games? It can happen. LETS GET IT STARTED!

I LIVE FOR THIS! 1 more win!

:gosox1:

Interesting.

Byrd v Contreras is, on paper, the matchup that favors us most. But behold, the one time we saw it, Byrd laid eggs on the scoreboard, and we've actually done better and better as the matchups became less and less favorable. The reverse has also been true.

Tomorrow is a must-win in many respects. Another off day might cause the good-hitting team and the bad-hitting team to switch places. It will be necessary to ride this hot streak out -- but recent history is against us.

What happened to Santana being "unhittable" like you said? Didn't you predict that last night would be an automatic loss? In your eyes, the Sox are always the underdogs. Are you even enjoying this or are you waiting for the Sox to lose?

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Interesting.

Byrd v Contreras is, on paper, the matchup that favors us most. But behold, the one time we saw it, Byrd laid eggs on the scoreboard, and we've actually done better and better as the matchups became less and less favorable. The reverse has also been true.

Tomorrow is a must-win in many respects. Another off day might cause the good-hitting team and the bad-hitting team to switch places. It will be necessary to ride this hot streak out -- but recent history is against us.

Just like Garland was going to be all walks and HR's? And Freddy was going to suck? I dont remember, did you say anything about Buehrle or Contreras sucking the first time?

Just shut the f*** up about your s*** predictions.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 07:58 AM)
Just like Garland was going to be all walks and HR's?  And Freddy was going to suck?  I dont remember, did you say anything about Buehrle or Contreras sucking the first time?

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Just a reminder that even ignorant trolls are protected from personal attacks. They are also given a quicker heave ho.

Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

last night, after the catcher interference, i proclaimed "forget the irish, how 'bout the luck of the polish!!!"

then A.J. hit the home run.

this team is unbelievable! I'm lovin' every second of this season. GO SOX!!! stick it to 'em tonight!!!

Edited by bats3280

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
What happened to Santana being "unhittable" like you said?  Didn't you predict that last night would be an automatic loss?  In your eyes, the Sox are always the underdogs.  Are you even enjoying this or are you waiting for the Sox to lose?

The stat of 3 straight CG is amazing

did you say anything about Buehrle or Contreras sucking the first time?

I actually felt really good about the Jose/Byrd matchup the first time around. Perhaps I shouldn't have been; the Sox tend to do poorly against veteran junkballers.

But the fact remains: the pitching matchups that favor us (Jose/Byrd, Buerhle/Washburn) we have either lost or won narrowly. The pitching matchups that favor Anaheim (anyone v. Lackey and Santana) we have won in a rather amazing manner.

But we will now be faced with two matchups that once again -should- favor us. Can we finally hit a veteran junkballer not named Wakefield or Moyer? Can we pull an August 18, 2003 against Washburn?

Guys, I've really enjoyed sharing this special season with all of you. :cheers

I can't believe tonight may be the night that WE WIN THE PENNANT. :pray :pray

Let's end it tonight!!!

I hope we don't have to see the Sox in pinstripes, unless it's against the Astros or Cardinals next Saturday!!!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

I can't sit still. I've got a high fever and a bad cough and i can't get myself to lie down, i'm so excited, so nervous, the slogan is really true, "i live for this"

edit: i hate you rowand.

Edited by SnB