Santana vs Konerko - 1st inning

YASNY

During Konerko's at bat in the 1st, immediately after his check swing and near strike out, I noticed him say something to umpire. I didn't put it together at first, but after the inning it dawned on me ... Paulie told the umpire that Santana's shirt tail was hanging out. He got Santana out of what little rythem he had. Next pitch .... BOOM!

I went back on my DVR and watched the AB again just to verify what I thought had happened. You can first notice the shirt tail out as Santana made his second pitch to Konerko. I don't know if Paulie picked his spot or happened to notice just before he said something to ump. The point is that he said something and then got a cookie from Santana on the next pitch.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
During Konerko's at bat in the 1st, immediately after his check swing and near strike out, I noticed him say something to umpire.  I didn't put it together at first, but after the inning it dawned on me ... Paulie told the umpire that Santana's shirt tail was hanging out.  He got Santana out of what little rythem he had.  Next pitch .... BOOM!

I went back on my DVR and watched the AB again just to verify what I thought had happened.  You can first notice the shirt tail out as Santana made his second pitch to Konerko.  I don't know if Paulie picked his spot or happened to notice just before he said something to ump.  The point is that he said something and then got a cookie from Santana on the next pitch.

Good point, rattle and get a young pitcher out of his rythem in anyway possible, good gamesmanship by paul, oh yeah and nice hit. :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
During Konerko's at bat in the 1st, immediately after his check swing and near strike out, I noticed him say something to umpire.  I didn't put it together at first, but after the inning it dawned on me ... Paulie told the umpire that Santana's shirt tail was hanging out.  He got Santana out of what little rythem he had.  Next pitch .... BOOM!

I went back on my DVR and watched the AB again just to verify what I thought had happened.  You can first notice the shirt tail out as Santana made his second pitch to Konerko.  I don't know if Paulie picked his spot or happened to notice just before he said something to ump.  The point is that he said something and then got a cookie from Santana on the next pitch.

That was just awesome, he totally his given these balls :fight :fight