Win it For..

redandwhite

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Win it for Frank, Hawk, Harold Baines and everyone else that has been a loyal member of the organization through good times and bad.

And win it for all the long suffering White Sox fans who have stood by this team for the past 88 years.

And win it for me because God only knows my schoolwork has suffered because of this team  :bang.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

AMEN i hear ya on that one!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win it for all the old timers! Win it for my friends dad who has skin cancer,and is a true southsider. :crying

Most of all win this for Ozzie! I might not agree with everything he does but,he had a blueprint for this team and its working. He also loves the White Sox and wants to win this for us,more than himself! I was proud of him as a player and I am proud of him now! :gosoxretro:

Win it for my parents. Especially my Dad, who missed the '59 World Series because he was in college. And for the rest of my family, who I am enjoying this run with.

Win it for Big Frank (we wish he could be in the lineup)

Win it for the Hawkeroo (we all wish he was calling the games)

Win it for John Rooney (may he go out in style)

Win it for Da Mare. His dad enjoyed a World Series, so he should, too.

Win it for Ozzie. He does not get enough credit.

But most of all, win it for all the other long-suffering South-Siders, Chicagoans and anyone else who put their heart, soul and hard-earned money into this team. Who knows what the future brings. Enjoy it.

:gosox1: :gosox1:

Win it for...my grandfather, so he may see a White Sox winner before he passes on.

Win it for...Old Comiskey Park, churros, Nancy Faust, Andy the Clown, Jimmy Piersall, Bill Veeck.

Win it for...all the people who never saw a White Sox World Series.

Win it for...every single player on the 1919 Chicago White Sox Team. May they FINALLY rest in peace.

Win it for my mom-- who is the reason I love this team. She instilled in my to be proud of my roots-- I was born a South Sider and when others moved away and decided to cheer for a more fashionable team. I did not. She and I were sick in '83 when the lost and thought we were going to lose the team to Florida in'88.

She took me to Opening day after Opening Day. We also closed the old ballpark.

I am in my mid 30's now with kids of my own who love the Sox as much as she and I.

In April, she became ill-- eventually was diagnosed with late stage Ovarian Cancer. She is suffering but is still watching the Sox. After they clinch tonight I want to call her and say we finally made it to the World Series.

You see this is much more than a team for most of us--It is how we were brought up. We might not be as glamorous as some other fans, but WE are the White Sox.

So-- win it for Mom!!

Shoeless Joe

Buck Weaver

Ray Schalk

Kid Gleason

Red Faber

Ted Lyons

Minnie Minoso

Luis Aparicio

Luke Appling

Early Wynn

Nellie Fox

Billy Pierce

Sherm Lollar

Ted Kluszewski

Chico Carrasquel

Lamarr Hoyt

Hoyt Wilhelm

Bobby Thigpen

Harold Baines

Robin Ventura

Carlton Fisk

and other Sox greats I've unintentionally left off here, and for all the Sox fans of older generations who followed, rooted for, and loved all of these guys (through good times and bad) just as we younger Sox fans love this team now.

Also, along this same category, here's a thread (by smalls2598) back from clinching the division that was really great...http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40636&st=0

Edited by gettysburg32

win it for all of the white sox fans who have given their heart to this team, alive and passed... win it for me, because im a first generation sox fan in my family (dad grew up in st. louis)... win it for the city of Chicago, win it for Ozzie, win it for Jerry, win it for hawk...

just win it... please.

:gosox1:

The World Series is now a reality. Win it for the 2000+ people who traveled to Anaheim, to the people who spent there life savings on tickets these four games, to my neighbors who caused a big scene with fireworks tonight, and to the people ditching work/school etc. and living with the consequences to live this year up.

Win it for my grandfather, a lifelong Sox fan who played minor league ball with some of the "eight men out" and who died a bit when they got kicked out.

And for my father, who attended the 1959 World Series and didn't know if he'd ever see another one.

And for my twin brother and I, who have been faithfully following the Sox since before we were born.

And for my friend Chris, who follows the sox no matter where in the world he is. I wish he could be in Chicago with me this weekend. But Dad and Evan - I'm flying in!

Win it for...

Mark Buehrle

Jose Contreras

Neal Cotts

Freddy Garcia

Jon Garland

Dustin Hermanson

Orlando Hernandez

Bobby Jenks

Damaso Marte

Cliff Politte

Luis Vizcaino

AJ Pierzynski

Chris Widger

Geoff Blum

Joe Crede

Willie Harris

Tadahito Iguchi

Paul Konerko

Pablo Ozuna

Juan Uribe

Jermaine Dye

Carl Everett

Timo Perez

Scott Podsednik

Aaron Rowand

Brandon McCarthy

Brian Anderson

Ross Gload

Joey Cora

Tim Raines

Don Cooper

Ozzie Guillen

FRANK THOMAS

Because you all deserve it dammit!!!

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Win it for...my grandfather, so he may see a White Sox winner before he passes on.

Win it for...Old Comiskey Park, churros, Nancy Faust, Andy the Clown, Jimmy Piersall, Bill Veeck.

Win it for...all the people who never saw a White Sox World Series.

Win it for...every single player on the 1919 Chicago White Sox Team.  May they FINALLY rest in peace.

CAN I HAVE AN AMEN?!?

AMEN!!!

...for John Rooney, the greatest play-by-play radio broadcaster ever.

...for all the Sox faithful over the years who aren't here to enjoy this.

...for Shingo Takatsu... sorry it didn't work out, man... I'll always remember 2004.