Win it For..

redandwhite

My grandfather who grew up on south side and followed every pitch, every year

and died a few years back.

To my dad who still lives and loves the Sox.

To all the grandfathers and relatives of you all who love or loved the Sox.

Obviously most of all to each member of the current team, the coaches, GMs, who have put in all the work.

Congrats on what you have done; good luck trying to win it all.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my grandpa who grew up on the southside and died in 2001

For all of us on this board....

For ALL the fans....

For Ken Williams who had the class to say he was happy for all the generation of Sox fans who never saw a world series and how he felt that reponsability!!

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
For Josh PR.

:headbang That was cool man, Thanks I apreciate this. Being far from it all. If i was in chicago i would have gone down to the town and to midway. Now World Series

GO SOX! :gosox3:

The four obvious: Kid, Buck, Eddie, and Joe. Then the rest of 1919 and 1920.

My grandfather who I recently found out was a pretty big Sox fan. He also played some pro-ball, and was buddies with Charles Finley. Also played pro-football opposite George Hallas and was friends with him.

My Dad, who due to bad situations, won't even be able to watch or listen to the games.

The guy I kept seeing at every game I would go to for awhile there, and saw getting heckled something terrible at a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. Somebody here might know him, he has a fake leg. I've seen that guy at a bunch of games.

Win it for anybody that wore these colors on or off the field and was always proud of them.

...the guy I met a couple years ago in the bleachers and then saw him the next day at a Cubs game working a Mai Tai stand in the bleachers (work tickets and my fiancee wanted to go). When I asked him why he went to Sox games and worked Cubs games he said:

"I go to Sox games cuz they are my team. I work Cubs games to make a lot of money."

Here's to you, man.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
WIN IT FOR MY DAD.

WIN IT FOR ME.

WIN IT FOR MY LATE GRANDFATHER, EVEN THOUGH HE WAS A CUBS FAN.  MAN DID WE HAVE A LOT OF DEBATES (THANKS FOR WHATEVER HELP YOU GAVE US PAPAW).

WIN IT FOR THE CITY OF CHICAGO.

win it for me huh, lol you must be the only White Sox fan in the world.

"That ring. That's one thing I'm missing in my career and I really want one." --- Frank Thomas

"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time. One time. I didn't care how I got there. I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit. People say it's bittersweet. It's not bitter at all. It's only sweet."---Frank Thomas

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
"All I wanted was to get to the World Series one time.  One time. I didn't care how I got there.  I'm here with these guys in body, mind and spirit.  People say it's bittersweet. It's not bitter at all. It's only sweet."---Frank Thomas

Those last two sentences, when I read them yesterday, made me cry. I heart you, Frank Thomas.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Those last two sentences, when I read them yesterday, made me cry. I heart you, Frank Thomas.

I think this would be a LOT harder for him if he didn't play at all this year. But since he added some big time battage in the middle of the year, I think (and hopefully) the team thinks, he contributed to the success this year.

BTW, I don't know if you guys saw it, but when Dan Roan was interviewing Big Frank, AJ came up to him and said, "Get outta here, you didn't do anything," to Frank and he just laughed.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
Win it for The Big Hurt who was responsible for me becoming a Sox fan when I was 11 and in a Cub family and here I am 15 years later finally seeing the Sox in the Series.

Yes because of The Big Hurt I am a joyfull Sox fan :headbang

Win it for my dad, who taught me to enjoy the game and to love the Sox...

Win it for my wife, so that I might finally get that last ounce of cubdom out of her...

Win it for our friend Kevin, who was killed in a car accident nearly two years ago, this would have been his dream, and its becoming a reality...

Win it for themselves, and really stick it to anyone who had the audacity to doubt this team for one moment...

Just win!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Win it for:

My grandpa who died in 1977 and never saw the ALCS years.

My dad who has seen many bad White Sox teams and many "so close, yet so far away" games that went against the Sox.

Billy Pierce, Luke Appling, Luis Aparicio, Nellie Fox, Chico Carrasquel, Minnie Minoso, Double Duty-Radcliffe, Wilbur Wood, Greg Walker, Harold Baines, Frank Thomas, Ron Kittle, Bobby Thigpen, Britt Burns, Floyd Bannister, Rich Dotson, Jerry Dybzynski, LaMar Hoyt, Jim Landis, and Al Lopez.

Lastly, FOR EVERY CUBS FAN ON EARTH.

So that they can continue to rithe in the stink of their post season shortcomings with a new knowledge that they are now alone in their baseball depression.

:fthecubs

This is a really cool thread.

Win it for everybody who has ever put on a White Sox uniform, especially those players in the last 88 years. For all the fans who are no longer with us but supported this team through thick and thin. Win it for Al Lopez, Frank Thomas, Louie Aparicio, Billy Pierce and Minnie Minoso.Win it for Charles Comiskey. Win it for US. Above all else win it for yourselves White Sox because you're the best team in baseball.

:gosox1:

Win it for Wilbur Wood, Bill Veeck and all Soxtalk members who really really deserve a World Series victory!!! All my relatives and old frinds from St. Thomas More scattered all over the suburbs now and other parts of the country as well.They have kept the faith and lived and died with our Whitesox and now is OUR time.ENJOY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Lastly, FOR EVERY CUBS FAN ON EARTH. 

So that they can continue to rithe in the stink of their post season shortcomings with a new knowledge that they are now alone in their baseball depression.

A cub fan today goes "I'm pulling for the White Sox, they are a Chicago team." I go "a Chicago team that you don't root for. In 2003, I was rooting for the Marlins."

It dawned on me a little bit, but then I talked to a good freind of mine whose a Cubs fan and he goes "Those people aren't real Cub fans. I wouldn't root for the White Sox, just like White Sox fans shouldnt root for the Cubs."

So many stupid baseball fans. :chair