Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the LONGEST f***ing week that I can remember. Why can't it be Saturday already?

Houston? St. Louis? Who gives a s***. It's the World Series.

BTW, that is one beautiful trophy that Ozzie and Jerry were holding. But there's another one that they can hold, too.

:gosox1:

Jeff Bagwell is prepared to act as a designated hitter should the Astros advance to the World Series.

The White Sox are likely to set up their rotation so that lefty Mark Buehrle would start Games 2 and 6 at home, which would be good news for Bagwell. It's possible that manager Phil Garner might rather go with Mike Lamb as the DH against right-handers, allowing him to use his best defensive outfield. Oct. 18 - 3:31 am

Bagwell had splits of .300/.423/.450 against lefties this season. But he's also got a -.34 differential for his BA in night games. But we'll have to be careful with him if the Stros do indeed make it.

Concerned about the layoff, but I doubt this team could have more confidence than it already does. People were worried they wouldn't bring the series back to Chicago due to their recent history on the west coast. Knowing they went and Exorcised those demons gives them confidence to go into anybody's house and play good baseball. Plus if the staff holds the opponent to no more than 3 runs in any one game like they did the Angels it shouldn't matter where they play.........

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
Bagwell had splits of .300/.423/.450 against lefties this season. But he's also got a -.34 differential for his BA in night games. But we'll have to be careful with him if the Stros do indeed make it.

I really don't think a sample size of 100 AB's is a fair way to judge how Bagwell will hit us at all. The guy has barely played at all this year.