Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
What do you mean?  I think they've been pretty classy so far.  Did I miss something?

They weren't being jerks or anything. They were just chanting "Lets go Cardinals" while the Astros were celebrating. It was actually kinda funny.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
They weren't being jerks or anything.  They were just chanting "Lets go Cardinals" while the Astros were celebrating.  It was actually kinda funny.

I think that's classy. They could easily be booing the Cards right now. They were terrible in this series.

Ok so lets get the lowdown on Roger Clemens.

Away splits, 1.32 ERA with a .191 BAA. Gulp.

Night games, his ERA is .77 worse than day games at 2.10.

Outdoors he has a 1.52 ERA. Gulp again.

In September though, he had a 5.40 ERA with a .292 BAA. He just wasn't K'ing batters that month as he had only had 13 in 4 games started, way below the usual norm.

He's not good with RISP with 2 outs, 12.23 ERA there. 5.87 ERA with RISP, which is pretty good compared to other pitchers.

Looking at his pitch counts, if there's a slight weakness, it's his starts. ERA's of 2.63, 2.40 and 2.21 from 0 to 15 - 30 - 45. So we need to get on him nice and early, because after that well he's pretty damn good.

Looking at our hitters against him, Jermaine Dye is 6 for 18, Joe Crede 3 for 5 with 2 HR's, Paul Konerko 8 for 18 with 5 doubles, Pods 5 for 14. Pierz, Everett don't have good numbers, Uribe is 1 for 2, while Rowand's never faced him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
Ok so lets get the lowdown on Roger Clemens.

Away splits, 1.32 ERA with a .191 BAA. Gulp.

Night games, his ERA is .77 worse than day games at 2.10.

Outdoors he has a 1.52 ERA. Gulp again.

In September though, he had a 5.40 ERA with a .292 BAA. He just wasn't K'ing batters that month as he had only had 13 in 4 games started, way below the usual norm.

He's not good with RISP with 2 outs, 12.23 ERA there. 5.87 ERA with RISP, which is pretty good compared to other pitchers.

Looking at his pitch counts, if there's a slight weakness, it's his starts. ERA's of 2.63, 2.40 and 2.21 from 0 to 15 - 30 - 45. So we need to get on him nice and early, because after that well he's pretty damn good.

Looking at our hitters against him, Jermaine Dye is 6 for 18, Joe Crede 3 for 5 with 2 HR's, Paul Konerko 8 for 18 with 5 doubles, Pods 5 for 14. Pierz, Everett don't have good numbers, Uribe is 1 for 2, while Rowand's never faced him.

Throw all those stats out the window, come saturday they mean nothing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
One of the neat things about this World Series is no matter what happens, one team is breaking a really long Series drought.  The White Sox haven't won a WS since 1917 and this is the Astros first appearence ever in a WS.

This is going to be fun :)

I agree with that. And two teams with a lot of heart and class.

BTW.. and OT, when is that last time the 2 teams with the best records in each league played in the WS..? I wanted the Cards for that reason.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
I agree with that. And two teams with a lot of heart and class.

BTW.. and OT, when is that last time the 2 teams with the best records in each league played in the WS..? I wanted the Cards for that reason.

1999 I believe.

Yankees had 98 wins and Braves had 103 wins.