To all you long time Sox fans

brijames

Enjoy! cuz you deserve it!

Sox fans are some of the most loyal fans in the world of sports.

I have been a Sox fan for 34 years. I'm 48 now.

I never truly believed I would see the ChiSox in the series in my lifetime.

I feel so great for all the long suffering fans who can finally say, we are in the fing World Series baby!

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
I still can't friggin believe this!!!  I gotta admit...I've gotten choked up a few times tonight!...alot for my dad who's been waiting for this along with all the other diehards Sox fans!!!!!

This is to you guys baby!!! now lets bring home a world series championship to the southside!!!!!

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
This is to you guys baby!!! now lets bring home a world series championship to the southside!!!!!

Tonight was so great my Dad, Brother, my kids, 3 generations loving White Sox baseball and to wait so long for this, I am so proud and excited to not only play in but win the World Series. :gosoxretro:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
I can't believe they've won it.  I know how sweet this win was for me, but for all of those that have suffered far more years of defeat its gotta be that more sweet for you. 

What a freaking series...now lets win 4 more, 1 game at a time!!!

I am 41 years old and I never thought this day would come. I am so happy and spent the game with my family. I wish my father was still alive to see this day.

What a great feeling this is.

Rich :gosox1:

I've been a fan for 30+ years and can honestly say there was little "suffering". Sox fans are the best. I love attending the games. I love the great players who have donned the Sox uni, I love the characters that have come and gone.

I've been disappointed, felt the baseball gods where alinged against us, but never suffered.

:gosox1:

All those disappointments make the AL Pennant that much sweeter.

A sweet friend of mine sent me a cd and this morning I woke up to this tune

What if I told you

It was all meant to be

Would you believe me,

Would you agree

It's almost that feelin'

That we've met before

So tell me that you don't think I'm crazy

When I tell you love has come and now...

A moment like this

Some people wait a lifetime,

For a moment like this

Some people search forever,

For that one special kiss

Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me

For a moment like this

Everything changes

But beauty remains

Something so tender

I can't explain

Well I maybe dreamin'

But 'till I awake

Can we make this dream last forever

And I'll cherish all the love we share

For a moment like this

For a moment like this

For a moment like this

Could this be the greatest love of all

I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall

So let me tell you this...

Some people wait a lifetime

For a moment like this

Some people spent two lifetimes,

For a moment like this

For a moment like this

OHHHH, LIKE THIS

OHHHH, YEAH, 'cuz people search for every moment yeah.

For a moment like this.

Ohhhhh, like this.

Hey folks ... I speak for most or all Red Sox fans in saying that we're thrilled for you all. You clearly were the best team in the American League, and now it's time to prove you're the best anywhere. An AL pennant is one thing, burying history is another. Sticking it to Cubs fans ... also quite something. Oh, there would be joy on the South Side.

Bring 'er home, fellas. You can't be satisfied unless you do. I'll say that if our Sox don't win it, I believe we all feel we'd like yours to.

QUOTE(Brettwurst @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Hey folks ... I speak for most or all Red Sox fans in saying that we're thrilled for you all. You clearly were the best team in the American League, and now it's time to prove you're the best anywhere. An AL pennant is one thing, burying history is another. Sticking it to Cubs fans ... also quite something. Oh, there would be joy on the South Side.

Bring 'er home, fellas. You can't be satisfied unless you do. I'll say that if our Sox don't win it, I believe we all feel we'd like yours to.

Thank you and welcome aboard. :headbang

QUOTE(Brettwurst @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)

AL fans are the best. I can't imagine the frustration of battling the Yankees every year.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
AL fans are the best. I can't imagine the frustration of battling the Yankees every year.

If you're fortunate enough to win the Series, I assure you that the joy true ChiSox fans will feel is unparalleled. I never thought baseball influenced me as much as it apparently did and does. No more inferiority complex, added confidence, lessened pessimism, a monkey off your back ... and the reverse effect for your archrivals -- that's what 2004 did for us and that's what we hope 2005 does for you.

QUOTE(Brettwurst @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
If you're fortunate enough to win the Series, I assure you that the joy true ChiSox fans will feel is unparalleled. I never thought baseball influenced me as much as it apparently did and does. No more inferiority complex, added confidence, lessened pessimism, a monkey off your back ... and the reverse effect for your archrivals -- that's what 2004 did for us and that's what we hope 2005 does for you.

It was fun to watch the Red Sox celebrate. The manner in which they won, was really a joy to see, and fueled by Yankee jealousy, was a cherry on top.

When does the WS sink in?

QUOTE(Brettwurst @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)

:cheers

Thanks for the post - and come back next year when we're playing. We can use more intelligent banter around here.

There was no other place that I wanted to be to see the Chicago White Sox win the AL pennant than my parents' house last night. Talk about die-hard fans. They've had season tickets since forever, even since the days of fighting off last place. I'm happier for them than anyone. They saw the '59 WS, they'll be going on Saturday to Game 1. Now, hopefully they can see a World Series winner. I swear I was trembling last night. To hear John Rooney's call. It was historic. God bless White Sox fans and the Chicago White Sox team. :cheers

my old man is a cubs fan & didnt even call to congratulate the entire ALCS. that is why hanging with everyone in anaheim for the 3 game set whom i didnt know for one minute was so extra special. this is a time for the real fans to hang & revel! American League! BTW WGN is abdisimal. THEY HAD COOKIE SHOW ON THE 12:30 news? F THEM! I CANT WAIT THE UPCOMING WEEK!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
my old man is a cubs fan & didnt even call to congratulate the entire ALCS.  that is why hanging with everyone in anaheim for the 3 game set whom i didnt know for one minute was so extra special.  this is a time for the real fans to hang & revel!  American League!  BTW WGN is abdisimal.  THEY HAD COOKIE SHOW ON THE 12:30 news?  F THEM!  I CANT WAIT THE UPCOMING WEEK!

I've been use to the Whitesox snub for as long as I can remember. AM radio 670 sitting on the kitchen tabel the play by play by bob Elson. THe chance of seeing the sox on tv not very good. We lived south of chicago so when the sox changed networks we listend to the radio. The media and even the sox made it difficult to see our games but they never stopped the radio waves and nothing stopped me nor my father nor will it stop my grandsons his children and I'm guessing their grandchildren from being sox fans. :cheers