Lugo

Jim Fainter

He was officially released by the Astros. Think KW will consider signing him? Jose figures to be gone, and there is a lot of doubt on this board if Jiminez can handle the job (SS) defensively. I don't read the Houston papers, but you know Mr. and Mrs. will publicly kiss and make up any day now, just like the Kidds, the Moons, and probably others that I can't think of right now.

He was officially released by the Astros.  Think KW will consider signing him?  Jose figures to be gone, and there is a lot of doubt on this board if Jiminez can handle the job (SS) defensively.  I don't read the Houston papers, but you know Mr. and Mrs. will publicly kiss and make up any day now, just like the Kidds, the Moons, and probably others that I can't think of right now.

God I hope not, I don't want to see us sign a wife beater.

He was officially released by the Astros.  Think KW will consider signing him?  Jose figures to be gone, and there is a lot of doubt on this board if Jiminez can handle the job (SS) defensively.  I don't read the Houston papers, but you know Mr. and Mrs. will publicly kiss and make up any day now, just like the Kidds, the Moons, and probably others that I can't think of right now.

You'd be getting a light-hitting, average-fielding shortstop. With "issues." If Kw considers signing this chump, he should be shot out of one of the scoreboard fireworks tubes(yes, i know they're only for show) during the 7th inning stretch. Unlike Warren Moon, or Jason Kidd, Lugo is a mediocre player at best. If he were better, the Astros would have kept him.

I live in Houston and let me tell you, Lugo was not actually found guilty.. No one SAW him "attack" his wife thats what she told them.. The astros cut him without even knowing the truth, and Lugo was a better than average SS but no all star..

But like I was saying, he was never actually prooven Guilty, thats just what his wife said, no one witnessed anything

I live in Houston and let me tell you, Lugo was not actually found guilty.. No one SAW him "attack" his wife thats what she told them.. The astros cut him without even knowing the truth, and Lugo was a better than average SS but no all star..

But like I was saying, he was never actually prooven Guilty, thats just what his wife said, no one witnessed anything

You don't get arrested just cause someone said so. There had to be some type of physical evidence. While I doubt he "beat" her.. something happened. Something that likely involved him using aggressive behavior. Which, IMO, should never be tolerated. Termination justified.

Guest hotsoxchick1

dont we have enough problems on this team already.....???????? :huh: or are we going out looking for more for s***s and giggles........ :o

Ya, I heard the same thing and I do think Lugo is a pretty solid shortstop with quite a bit of potential. It was a funny circumstance the whole way around and I know a lot of people don't believe he did it.

Remember, we had Wil Cordero around for a bit.

NOTE: I don't endorse anyone that beats his wife because its one of the stupidest things you could possibly do.

Lugo was a decent leadoff man for the Astros, and he will consistently put up a .260 average. He's also been bothered with injuries.

If we pick up Lugo I will be seriously pissed. I'm tired of management going around picking up controversial s***ty players with bad reputations. And that in turn brings a bad reputation to the team.

We already have , will cordero and it does not work. :nono

No No NO don't sign him

But remember to vote for him as the NL starter. :fyou love to mess with their line up!

I have a copy of the tape his wife gave the police, let me play it here :bang