Rocky Biddle

Jim Fainter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahh burns baby hmm, hmmmm, hmmm.... wish we had him back........dang.........ya think we can sneak botch into canada and steal burns back????? i know wishful thinking........... ;)

He just got his 10th save yesterday.  I under-rated him.  Maybe short relief is his niche.

Dude he sucks. Have you checked any of his stats. He comes in a 4-2 game and it ends up 4-3. Hes not a good pitcher.

He had one terrrrrrible outing where they left him in and he gave up a s***potful of runs.  Other than that, he's done alright.  I'm not second guessing the trade, just commenting on his success, because I was not a big fan of Biddle's.

No, biddle has had several outings where he gave up a run and still got a save. Anyone can get saves, but relief pitchers need to have eras under 3 and whip around 1.

No, biddle has had several outings where he gave up a run and still got a save.  Anyone can get saves, but relief pitchers need to have eras under 3 and whip around 1.

I disagree. There aren't many RP's with a WHIP

If he implodes 3 or 4 gms a yr to the tune of 4 or 5 ers in those gms, that doesn't matter too me as much as his near scoreless appearances the remaining games.

Dude he sucks. Have you checked any of his stats.  He comes in a 4-2 game and it ends up 4-3.  Hes not a good pitcher.

Hey, at least the game ends up 4-3 and not 6-4 the wrong way!!! :D

Rock's doing the job for them, and that's honestly something I could never see him doing here. I'm happy for him - everything I've heard about him leads me to think he's a good guy.

Biddle wasn't going to fit in anywhere in the Sox pitching staff. We have several long reliefor spot starter candidates. It was a good trade for us and it gave Rocky a chance. He's got 10 saves and Foulke has 11, but I think Koch will step up now.

He had one terrrrrrible outing where they left him in and he gave up a s***potful of runs.  Other than that, he's done alright.  I'm not second guessing the trade, just commenting on his success, because I was not a big fan of Biddle's.

Well let's see...let me look at my weights and measures. 2 cups in a pint. 2 pints in a quart. 4 quarts in a gallon. Eight pints in a gallon. Hmmm, I don't see "s***potfuls" anwhere in this list. Does anyone know exactly how much that is? :headbang

Rock's doing the job for them, and that's honestly something I could never see him doing here.

I'm happy for him - everything I've heard about him leads me to think he's a good guy.

I could not see him doing it here either. When he was on he was on, but it was never often enough. And he was so fragile. I wish him all the luck in Montreal - although I am not as fond of him as a person as some are.

I always thought the Rock had the stuff to be a closer. Remember that dominat outing he had against Cubbies at Comiskey in 2001 where he K'd 7 or 8 in 3+ innings, gave up his lone hit on a 1-2 count and was basically Pedro Lite...before his shoulder fell off? Or that 7-inning comeback in Minnesotta where he might have had a CG shutout were it not for the umpire giving the Twins 2 runs gift midway...He is the reason why I don't want to give up on Glover yet, though he is not quite as "stuff"-endowed as Rockmeister, not anymore anyway. Then again, he is healthy.

I think he is doing REALLY well in EM-city- 10 saves in 11 chaces and a 3-1 record point to the fact that he is EXTREMELY clutch in tight games even if not exactly dominant. Someone like Marte has much better peripherals and ERA but his two BS were HUGE in their impact on the team early on...I think a clutch closer like Biddle (and Koch in the last 4 years) are underappreciated whereas those flashy ones with low ERA's and high K totals are worshipped...just sayin'

I always thought the Rock had the stuff to be a closer.  Remeber that dominat outing he had against Cubbies at Comiskey in 2001 where he K'd 7 or 8 in 3+ innings and gave up his lone hit on a 1-2 count...before his shoulder fell off?

actually 6 Ks in 3 innings and that is the game that I remember when I think of RB pitching really damn good.

I also was impressed he took himself out at the top of the 4th before he threw a pitch -

since D Wells failed to take himself out the night before when he couldn't pitch, couldn't field, and almost killed us... was glad RB knew enough not to kill the team by being the incompetent macho man that D Wells was

not ripping Biddle here or anything, I've always liked his attitude, but his ERA is somewhat high for a closer in the NL. granted he does have 10 saves.

wish him the best, but I'm not sure he'll be the closer throughout like he's shown so far. who knows though.

Remember that dominat outing he had against Cubbies at Comiskey in 2001

by the way, totally worthless fact -

that was the first game that RD and RDW got to see RB pitch in the majors on tv - and when RB failed to throw the ball at the top of he 4th, and came out, not only was there general mystery in the stands at what the f*** was happening, but all I could do was picture RD going crazy at home - and RDW had her cell phone off! Couldn't reach her.

Those 3 innings were among the best pitched that I ever saw.

Those 3 innings were among the best pitched that I ever saw.

Yes, but they also were very emblematic of the whole 2001-2003 charade: a cocktease, nothing more :(

(Then again, with Rock's delivery--jerky AND across the body--, it was only a matter of time before his arm collapsed.)

Dude he sucks. Have you checked any of his stats.  He comes in a 4-2 game and it ends up 4-3.  Hes not a good pitcher.

That's ridiculous, he's givin up a run in 6 of 21 appearances, he is 10/11 for a reason and his one L he was left out there to be shelled(hence the e.r.a). He may not have done s*** to this point in his career, but this year he has been very good.

Well let's see...let me look at my weights and measures.  2 cups in a pint.  2 pints in a quart. 4 quarts in a gallon.  Eight pints in a gallon.  Hmmm,  I don't see "s***potfuls" anwhere in this list.  Does anyone know exactly how much that is? :headbang

A s***potful would be 6 runs, 5 of which are earned in 1.1 innings (April 17 for the curious).

Biddle has allowed a run in a greand total of 5 of his 20 appearances. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

That's ridiculous, he's givin up a run in 6 of 21 appearances, he is 10/11 for a reason and his one L he was left out there to be shelled(hence the e.r.a).  He may not have done s*** to this point in his career, but this year he has been very good.

Hes had A HORRIBLE year for a closer in the NL, Get a clue before you open your mouth, k?