will Ozzie still retire?

tony72

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
when he said that, I think all of us were thinking of retiring as Sox fans, we were so sick with disgust at what was happening to our team

IMO Oz said he'd retire partially at the time because the baseball this team was playing at the time was pathetic and the frustration got to Ozzie a little bit and like usual he doesnt think before he speaks...IMO Oz goes nowhere even if a World Series winner is brought back to the southside.

I hope that Ozzie doesn't retire. I hope he manages for a while longer.

I think that in his heart of hearts that Ozzie feels like he owes Reinsdorf a lot. Even if he brings him a World Series title, I think he'd come back out of his loyalty to Reinsdorf, KW, and the organization.

If he doesn't come back, I'd seriously think about promoting from within, especially Cooper or maybe Frank as a total dark horse. I know pitching coaches usually don't get to be managers, but why not? Ozzie's said that a manager ends up getting judged based on how he handles his pitching staff and who knows these guys better than Cooper?

I don't think he will be going anywhere either...

I think the method behind his madness was to simply draw the media attention away from the slide the Sox were on at the time and give them something else to talk about. I love the fact that he is so willing to throw himself under the bus for his players in an effort to make things better for them. Thats a real manager. Unlike the one on the northside who just shrugs his shoulders, chomps on his toothpick and says "I don't know, dude." to just about everything...

He's not retiring are you kidding?

I do think Jerry's gonna give him a big, fat bonus though. As he should. Think about the miracle he and KW pulled off--they took a perpetual also-ran in the Comedy Central (my favorite reference: we are the Wile E. Coyote of the Central) and turned them not only into division champs (Minnesota who?) but now World Series players.

In one freakin' off-season. That's pretty amazing.