Hawk And Dj

GoSox05

I've been lurking here since April, but this my first post.

(Don't worry, I'm no bandwagon fan. I've been a fan of the Sox since the days of Wilbur Wood, Dick Allen and Jorge Orta. I'm just shy.)

I had a brainstorm. My idea is to have Hawk and DJ do their thing announcing the the World Series just like they were covering the game as usual. Then, when MLB releases the inevitable DVD box set of the Series, they could use Hawk-and-DJ's play-by-play as an alternate audio track.

That's the one thing I miss about the playoffs. You get used to your TV guys all season and then the playoffs start and you have to listen to clueless national announcers. I would have loved to hear Harrelson and Jackson call these playoff games.

Four games away. Unreal. I never thought I'd see this opportunity for the White Sox. Let's close the deal.

QUOTE(LoFiStew @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I've been lurking here since April, but this my first post.

(Don't worry, I'm no bandwagon fan. I've been a fan of the Sox since the days of Wilbur Wood, Dick Allen and Jorge Orta. I'm just shy.)

I had a brainstorm. My idea is to have Hawk and DJ do their thing announcing the the World Series just like they were covering the game as usual. Then, when MLB releases the inevitable DVD box set of the Series, they could use Hawk-and-DJ's play-by-play as an alternate audio track.

That's the one thing I miss about the playoffs. You get used to your TV guys all season and then the playoffs start and you have to listen to clueless national announcers. I would have loved to hear Harrelson and Jackson call these playoff games.

Four games away. Unreal. I never thought I'd see this opportunity for the White Sox. Let's close the deal.

I don't know if they'd want to do it. They work a long season. This is their off-time to simply enjoy it. But I love the idea and would like to see it.

I really do miss Hawk's utter lack of neutrality. I'm sure they'd both have a hard time maintaining professionalism, and I'd like nothing more than to hear them freak out when the Sox win! This has got to be Hawk's dream, he loves this team so much.

Oh well, hope he's having a good time!

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
I don't know if they'd want to do it. They work a long season. This is their off-time to simply enjoy it. But I love the idea and would like to see it.

:cheers

I think some people forget this is a job for them. As much as they might enjoy working, not working can be fun also. I have a hard time believing Hawk would have more fun announcing the game than watching it with friends.

I'm LMAO picturing Hawk sitting around the house "announcing" the game to family and friends. I just don't think Hawks watches the game and screams He Gawn or Stretch! like we do. It would be wild tojust sit and watch a game with him.