Pepsi Commercial

fathom

During the NLCS game last night, I thought it was quite comical to see the Pepsi commercial where ARod and Vlad are hitting balls to the moon, etc. Wouldn't it be more appropriate if Vlad grounded out to the SS on every swing? Pepsi must really suck during the postseason with those two guys?

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
During the NLCS game last night, I thought it was quite comical to see the Pepsi commercial where ARod and Vlad are hitting balls to the moon, etc.  Wouldn't it be more appropriate if Vlad grounded out to the SS on every swing?  Pepsi must really suck during the postseason with those two guys?

And Arod wasn't even in the commerical, instead sitting at home watching it on TV...

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
During the NLCS game last night, I thought it was quite comical to see the Pepsi commercial where ARod and Vlad are hitting balls to the moon, etc.  Wouldn't it be more appropriate if Vlad grounded out to the SS on every swing?  Pepsi must really suck during the postseason with those two guys?

The thing that made me laugh is that they were playing salsa or some music like that but yet, A-Rod is from NY. Not sure where vlad is from but A-Rod is from no where near Mexica/Venazula/Dominican Rep.

QUOTE(Iguana @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
The thing that made me laugh is that they were playing salsa or some music like that but yet, A-Rod is from NY.  Not sure where vlad is from but A-Rod is from no where near Mexica/Venazula/Dominican Rep.

Arod's family is Puerto Rican, arent they?

QUOTE(Iguana @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
My family is from France...does that make me a spokesman for france?

no, but if you're first generation removed and they're looking for french spokesmen it makes you marketable. that is if you were a pro athlete.

ARod was born in NY, iirc, but his family's Dominican, and he's said that he'll play for DR in this 'world tournament' (I don't recall the name). Vlad is from DR.

They also have Pujols and Miggy. That's going to be one awesome lineup.

Edit: Tejada, not Cabrera.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
ARod was born in NY, iirc, but his family's Dominican, and he's said that he'll play for DR in this 'world tournament' (I don't recall the name).  Vlad is from DR.

They also have Pujols and Miggy.  That's going to be one awesome lineup.

Edit:  Tejada, not Cabrera.

What? I thought you meant Olivo.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Do not count out Venezuela.  Off the very tiptop of my head, I can think of Freddy, Miguel Cabrera, Maggs, Johan...and I'm probably just scraping the top off the iceberg with those 4.

I'd think Felix Hernandez would get on it, too. Young, but still.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
I'd think Felix Hernandez would get on it, too.  Young, but still.

For s***s and giggles, taking that into consideration...I threw together a little prelimnary Venezuelan starting lineup and bullpen out.

Mora - 3B

Vizquel - SS

Abreu - CF

Cabrera - RF

Martinez - C

Ordonez - LF

Guillen - 2B(not sure where else to put Carlos...you almost have to have him and Vizquel in the lineup)

R.Hernandez - DH(if it is used...not sure if it is)

Alfonzo - 1B

Santana

C. Zambrano

Garcia

F.Hernandez

Alvarez/V.Zambrano/some other wildcard

KRod

J.Rincon

Urbina

Zambrano/Alvarez

plus like 20 other Venezuelan relievers in the majors that are solid...manager's choice/player's want basically.

Team Dominican Republic will undoubtedly be the deepest team talent wise...but I like Team Venezuela just as much.