Who got tickets???

Cloudyguy09

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
wtf?!?  How did she evben know to try there?  Is that in the TicketMaster system or were these tickets out there before the general release?

I tried Ticketmaster in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana and, of course, Illinois. I never got through to a single one of them. The whole thing is a crock. How can people be selling $140 tickets for $1,000 - isn't that scalping and isn't that illegal?

I had the phone and computer going. Fast busy at the Atlanta office and the computer locked up at the security check. My brother saw his tkts but then locked up and got nothing on the phone. My sister had 2 tickets that timed out online. And my Dad tried phone and internet with no luck.

The two seats my sister had were in 557 which I happened to look on Ebay. $1500+ for two seats in 554 nosebleed. f*** that. I'm probably still going to head up that way to the bars being they should be full of Sox faithful.

I was on hold for 45 min with ticketmaster cinci, finally got through and he said they were sold out.

So I only have 2 for sat and sun. Im tailgating if anyone wants to join me. Sunday I will be watching the bears game from the back of my jeep. All are invited for a game of washers.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
I think that sums up perfectly how a lot of us feel right now!  :D

I can't say I'm bitter, really, just a bit disappointed. A lottery would be better, but I still probably wouldn't have any tix.

I mean, this is the money that (we hope) will be used to improve this team next year and make the Sox a perennial contender. It's not pleasant that the Sox do this by freezing out the strongest fans, but that's how it works. Everywhere, not just the Sox.

I'm much more disappointed that I can't be in Chicago right now. It's kind of odd being so excited, but being the only one who's so excited.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
you know what?  We ALL knew it was going to be this way.

I think we need to stop b****ing now and move on and get ready to cheer our asses off.

Exactly! I am just thrilled to say the opportunity was there and I tried.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
you know what?  We ALL knew it was going to be this way.

I think we need to stop b****ing now and move on and get ready to cheer our asses off.

You're right Kapkomet! Let's move on and support the team 120%.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Exactly!  I am just thrilled to say the opportunity was there and I tried.

QP, you are great! I love your disposition.

Man, I'm so bummed, but I should've known better. I had like 10 people helping me out here in NY and tried calling all 50 states to no avail :banghead

Oh well, I think I'm going to fly in to Chitown and hit up a tailgate, Jimbo's or Bourbon St. with friends anyway.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Exactly!  I am just thrilled to say the opportunity was there and I tried.

Ditto.

There's probably thousands of others b****ing about how they didn't land tickets, so what's the use in me complaining?

Sorry, but for the first time in my life, a team that I've followed for the whole season, for the whole preseason, for the whole offseason, has made it to the championship game/series. There's not a whole lot to be mad about...

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Oh well, I think I'm going to fly in to Chitown and hit up a tailgate, Jimbo's or Bourbon St. with friends anyway.

I will be at Bourbon St the night of 10/22 with my girls (bachlorette party). :headbang :cheers

Thankfully I live around the corner so if I start feeling happy, I am just a few blocks from home!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
I will be at Bourbon St the night of 10/22 with my girls (bachlorette party). :headbang :cheers

Thankfully I live around the corner so if I start feeling happy, I am just a few blocks from home!

Woo hoo :drink

I live in NY now, but I grew up in Mt. Greenwood, about a mile from Bourbon St...used to be all about those Long Island Thursdays!

If I surface there, I will look for you :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Yes, but it usually takes some time. It may be a mail in program, a stop by the box office, etc. In all cases you will need your original tickets. You will also lose the TM surcharges. The clubs usually only refund the face value.

I got back all but shipping from DS tickets.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
I got 1 ticket to game 2

My F'n sister called the Fine Arts Center in Boston and they sold her 4 to game 2 and 4 to game 6 (on her friends credit card).

Unbelievable.

Hopefully they don't match the billing address otherwise both orders will be cancelled.

QUOTE(soxgirl25 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
It's worth it to me....I'm spending my entire savings account!!! I was just concerned I would get a fake ticket from a broker or something....I've been assured that www.ticketsnow.com is safe and secure

Yeah, they're safe. They are in my building...and they are a bunch of assholes.

***clarifying***

I am not endorsing them at all. Just saying that yes, if you buy from them, you will get your crap. They are nothing more than a legalized ring of crooks working through loopholes. They should NEVER be supported.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Yeah, they're safe. They are in my building...and they are a bunch of assholes.

***clarifying***

I am not endorsing them at all. Just saying that yes, if you buy from them, you will get your crap. They are nothing more than a legalized ring of crooks working through loopholes. They should NEVER be supported.

where are they located?

You should sit down with one of them and figure out how they get tickets through loopholes in the system. We could start our own gig of just selling tickets to real fans.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
where are they located?

You should sit down with one of them and figure out how they get tickets through loopholes in the system.  We could start our own gig of just selling tickets to real fans.

They are building a new office building in Huntley. I would ask them how they operate, but I really don't care to socialize with them.

Edited by Kid Gleason