More World Series tickets

WinningUgly85

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got that same error! I opened up game 6, and lo and behold, I had the option for up to 4 tickets. I was psyched! When I tried to buy them, it say I couldn't buy that many tickets with my password.

What password?!?!

Clearly, there are some people who have access that others do not.

I can't express how pleased I would be if Jerry Reinsdorff had the guts to stand up and do something different, like a lottery (ala Houston or St. Louis) or using tickets.com (ala Cubs).

^&^(*$&^#(*&^$#@*&^$#(*&^$#(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
I got that same error!  I opened up game 6, and lo and behold, I had the option for up to 4 tickets.  I was psyched!  When I tried to buy them, it say I couldn't buy that many tickets with my password.

What password?!?!

Clearly, there are some people who have access that others do not.

I can't express how pleased I would be if Jerry Reinsdorff had the guts to stand up and do something different, like a lottery (ala Houston or St. Louis) or using tickets.com (ala Cubs).

THE WHITE SOX DO NOT CONTROL HOW THE TICKETS ARE SOLD.

How many f***ing times do we have to go through this?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I

Jerry does not control the sale of World Series tickets.. :banghead

You have to go through it more, apparently.

I understand that MLB sets the rules, but as I pointed out, SOME teams have managed to put other processes in place. Undoubtedly, they negotiated it with MLB, but in any case, they stood up for their fan base.

MLB has authority, but teams clearly have some influence, if they choose to use it. They chose not to.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
You have to go through it more, apparently.

I understand that MLB sets the rules, but as I pointed out, SOME teams have managed to put other processes in place.  Undoubtedly, they negotiated it with MLB, but in any case, they stood up for their fan base.

MLB has authority, but teams clearly have some influence, if they choose to use it.  They chose not to.

You are wrong. There are contracts in place.

When you don't like something your manager does, do you just take it, or do you at least TRY to negotiate something better?

Personally, I take a crack at it. I think this situation is similar. The Chicago White Sox are, by legal precedent, an operating unit of MLB. That's why they can collude. Therefore, while the White Sox have no authority per se to do anything, they can do what any other business operating unit does - watch out for itself.

I just wish they would have done that.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
When you don't like something your manager does, do you just take it, or do you at least TRY to negotiate something better?

Personally, I take a crack at it.  I think this situation is similar.  The Chicago White Sox are, by legal precedent, an operating unit of MLB.  That's why they can collude.  Therefore, while the White Sox have no authority per se to do anything, they can do what any other business operating unit does - watch out for itself.

I just wish they would have done that.

The contract is not between the Sox and anyone.. it's between MLB and ticketmaster.

Good grief...

Kap.. I'll take the over for $50.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)

Then explain how St. Louis and Houston had lotteries.

Somewhere along the line, at some point, choices were made. There is variation between the teams. Therefore, I cannot logically be wrong.

Now, I certainly have no idea HOW all that went on, and wouldn't pretend to. But clearly, some teams have a different deal than others.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
The contract is not between the Sox and anyone.. it's between MLB and ticketmaster.

Good grief...

Kap.. I'll take the over for $50.

So then MLB and ticketmaster just decided on their own to have lotteries for some teams and not others? I'm sorry but that seems highly unlikely to me. Why would they do that?

Business is business. Power is fluid. Unless someone can show me a valid reason why some teams have different deal than others, I have to choose the logical conclusion that some negotiation went on between the teams and MLB and/or ticketmaster.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
So then MLB and ticketmaster just decided on their own to have lotteries for some teams and not others?  I'm sorry but that seems highly unlikely to me.  Why would they do that?

Business is business.  Power is fluid.  Unless someone can show me a valid reason why some teams have different deal than others, I have to choose the logical conclusion that some negotiation went on between the teams and MLB and/or ticketmaster.

His logic is not flawed. The blanket statement "there is a deal between ticketmaster and mlb" doesn't explain anything. If it did, all teams would have the exact same ticket procedures.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
His logic is not flawed. The blanket statement "there is a deal between ticketmaster and mlb" doesn't explain anything. If it did, all teams would have the exact same ticket procedures.

Exactly.

And thank you.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)

MLB and Ticketmaster have not always had a deal, and not all teams came on board at the same time, and from the looks of things.. some are not on board at this time - Houston, St Louis, the Cubs notably 3 (the Cubs deal is with MLB and Tickets.Com IIRC and their lovely virtual waiting rooms). I have no idea why, I don't work for them, and quite frankly I don't really care. But when people want to b****, moan, and cry about this s***.. at least b****, moan, and cry to the right people.

Or don't.

I can't wait to see some of the idiots screaming at the Sox at Soxfest. I hope Kenny tells you all to shut the hell up and sit down.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Then explain how St. Louis and Houston had lotteries.

Somewhere along the line, at some point, choices were made.  There is variation between the teams. Therefore, I cannot logically be wrong.

Now, I certainly have no idea HOW all that went on, and wouldn't pretend to. But clearly, some teams have a different deal than others.

Wow...

Obviously. Which is what has been being said over and over and over again here the past 3 weeks.

:banghead

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Wow...

Obviously. Which is what has been being said over and over and over again here the past 3 weeks.

:banghead

Which means that the teams had or have some influence. My point exactly.

It would be nice to think we could blame one thing (MLB), wouldn't it? But it's clearly not the reality. The team had/has some responsibility as well.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)

Steff, then how do different teams use different methods? Houston had a lottery to determine the right to buy the tickets. I had a "friends/family" offer to buy Braves playoff tickets for the same rate as their season ticket holders.

MLB sets the price, but I do not believe they control how they are sold. I'm sure they have a say in how many are sold because they control what gets held back. But how else could you explain the differences in how teams do it? And why they put tickets up for sale at different times?