An idea for homefield.

Ishmookie

Since the sox colors are black and white i was thinking what if the sox gave out reversable black and white shirts for all fans at least the ones in the UD. When the sox are up people would wear white shirts, and when they are fielding they should wear black. What do you think. is this possible? would it be considered a cheap move? :bringit

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
I think the idea has merit.

I also think the follow-through is almost completely impossible.  I dont think people are going to want to be removing and putting their shirts back on everytime a lead changes hands.

Here's the thing, people who are diehards at the park are already going to be wearing black or white or gray but people who just dont care aren't going to be wearing these things anyways even if they are being given out but meh..I could be wrong.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
I'd be a fan of a complete white-out

I remember in 93 all of the fans had the socks with tennis balls in them. Ozzie hated them because when a ball was hit to him or hit in the air, it was hard to pick the ball against all of the socks waving in the backdrop. I can imagine it would be somewhat similar with a whiteout

Interesting idea with the reversable shirts. However, wearing white while our batters are up won't help our hitters locate the ball out of the pitchers hands. If anything, the outfield bleacher seats alone should be full of fans wearing reversible jerserys. When Astros bat, switch around the shirts to white

Too bad this idea hadn't been suggested several days ago.

Another homefield advantage suggestion, although it would never occur, would be for all our fans attending Saturday/Sunday to turn the World Series into a college basketball game. Humming and jumping up and down whenever the Astros bat would be a huge distraction for their hitters.

Edited by Flash Tizzle