Dan Patrick

Hawkfan

i was listening today and before the journey talk, dan patrick claimed that he was this close to picking the white sox. I don't know how this could be possible when i'm pretty sure that he guessed that the sox were going to finish third in the division. you can tell he hates the sox.. he even said that no one picked the sox this year.. not even the fans.. and thats bulls***.. then he blames the torri hunter injury, which is bulls*** we were f***n them up anyway.. i hope the sox win it and ozzie can shove it in his face.

I'll never understand why some Sox fans are so f***ing obsessed with the media and the "lack of respect" that they show towards the Sox. I personally don't give a s*** what Dan Patrick says, he is noone, I have no interest in his opinion. Some people should just try to enjoy this while it lasts instead of getting upset everytime they hear something on the radio that could be construed as a slam towards the Sox. We're in the f***ing World Series, enjoy it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
I'll never understand why some Sox fans are so f***ing obsessed with the media and the "lack of respect" that they show towards the Sox. I personally don't give a s*** what Dan Patrick says, he is noone, I have no interest in his opinion. Some people should just try to enjoy this while it lasts instead of getting upset everytime they hear something on the radio that could be construed as a slam towards the Sox. We're in the f***ing World Series, enjoy it.

That's what I'm saying. And you know what's really funny? When some of the media/experts/ect do start giving the Sox some love, the same people start complaining that they're just jumping on the bandwagon.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
That's what I'm saying.  And you know what's really funny?  When some of the media/experts/ect do start giving the Sox some love,  the same people start complaining that they're just jumping on the bandwagon.

:headbang Generations of Sox fans have grown up thinking that's how to be a Sox fan. Walk around with the biggest chip on your shoulder.

I have no problem with bashing the national media for being ignoramus'. It's just with Mariotti around here, it's hard to find the time. Whats wrong with wanting a little respect?

I mean, I just read this terrible, poorly researched article by Skip Bayless (who is a complete idiot, I hardly ever bother to read him) and it makes me want to puke all over him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=bayless/051020

The article says that Ozzie found "Bobby Jenks, who was the closer he lacked." Um right, I'm pretty sure Hermie was on the team at that point. He could be referring to Hermie's bad back, but I doubt it. His back was only an issue for 2 weeks or so, and by that time Ozzie seemed to have gone to closer by committee, then finally Jenks. He goes on to say that the turnaround to World Series after the near collapse was "the most shockingly unexpected 180-degree turn I can remember in sports."

Perhaps he didn't watch Red Sox/Yankees last year?

I think we have the right as fans to call the media out when they are writing or talking out their ass.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
I mean, I just read this terrible, poorly researched article by Skip Bayless (who is a complete idiot, I hardly ever bother to read him) and it makes me want to puke all over him.

Poorly researched? He quoted Chet Coppock!

I thnk part of the reason many Sox fans bemoan the lack of national attention and such is that if we DID have it, it would make it easier to say you are a White Sox fan when you are out of the area. When people find out you are from Chicago, if the topic turns to baseball, they always ask if you are a Cubs fan. Cab drivers who can barely speak english know enough to ask if you are a Cubs fan. Tell them that no, you like the REAL baseball team in Chicago, the White Sox, and usually the conversation stops there. It would be nice if for once they assumed you were a Sox fan.