SOX PITCHERS BATTING

WISOX

Cotts can hit, not that he'll get much of a chance to - hopefully.

Mark is OK, Jon is a whiffer. Garcia can not hit to save his life. Not sure about Jose.

Anyone else just shaking their heads as some of the effed up questions being posted the past few days..? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)

Mark is OK, Jon is a whiffer. Garcia can not hit to save his life. Not sure about Jose.

Anyone else just shaking their heads as some of the effed up questions being posted the past few days..?  :huh

Jose looks like he should be a home run hitter. He just looks like he should hit.

Watching Garcia attempt to hit in interleague play was one of the more traumatizing experiences of my life. I agree that he should not be relied on for anything when we're in Texas.

El Duque got a hit against Colorado, I think. Or maybe it was a walk? Either way, he tripped over second base while advancing.

Sox Pitchers Batting, career (AVG/OBP):

Starters…

Contreras: .000/.067

Buerhle: .095/.136

Garland: .167/.231

Garcia: .194/.194

Bullpen…

Cotts: 1.000/1.000 (1 AB, doubled!)

Hermanson: .093/.151

Hernandez: .091/.091

Jenks: never hit

Marte: .000/.000 (5 AB)

Politte: .121/.189

Vizcaino: .000/.000 (2 AB)

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)

Anyone else just shaking their heads as some of the effed up questions being posted the past few days..?  :huh

This has been one of my faves...asking if the Sox will prepare their pitchers to hit.

Steff,

Don't forget Cliff Politte can execute the "butcher boy" swing with the best of 'em.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Sox Pitchers Batting, career (AVG/OBP):

Starters…

Contreras:  .000/.067

Buerhle:                  .095/.136

Garland:                  .167/.231

Garcia:                  .194/.194

Bullpen…

Cotts:  1.000/1.000 (1 AB, doubled!)

Hermanson:  .093/.151

Hernandez:  .091/.091

Jenks:  never hit

Marte:  .000/.000 (5 AB)

Politte:  .121/.189

Vizcaino:                .000/.000 (2 AB)

So Marte can't hit either? Why does the guy put on a uniform???

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)

Anyeone else shaking their heads at why Steff seems so offended by people's questions lately?

:huh

I think this is a good one - our pitchers have to hit, it's new to them. This is a good subject. If you find it "effed up", ignore it.

I heard Cotts won some kind of hitting competion in HS. He's young, so it wasn't THAT long ago.

You gotta love that NL element of letting a .130 guy grab the bat . I'm sure, it's just my AL brain that can't comprehend all the strategy behind the double switch.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
Anyeone else shaking their heads at why Steff seems so offended by people's questions lately?

I think this is a good one - our pitchers have to hit, it's new to them.  This is a good subject.  If you find it "effed up", ignore it.

I'm not offended. I just thing it's common sense that since our pitchers will have to hit, they are practicing hitting.

But by all means.. carry on with the grand stupidity. ;)

I think it happens to work out well that our two starters with .100+ averages are starting in the NL park, and the ones below .100 won't have to hit in games 1 and 2. Works out nicely, perhaps.

Not that hitting .167 or .194 is anything spectacular, but .194 is closer to Carl Everett's BA than .091 is to .000.

There's my deep statistical thought for the day.

:huh:

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
I'm not offended. I just thing it's common sense that since our pitchers will have to hit, they are practicing hitting.

But by all means.. carry on with the grand stupidity.  ;)

This is the second time in two days you have referred to me, and other people, as stupid.

The subject of what our pitchers are doing, along with the questions about tickets lotteries, were found to be important enough to draw plenty of attention from readers and posters. You seem to be the only one who thinks these questions are stupid.

In any case, I don't think it's necessary to insult people because the subject matter doesn't meet your particular standards. Show some common courtesy. Please don't do that.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)

It's most likely due to the fact that most of the questions on here are completely f***ing retarded. Are the pitchers going to take some swings in the batting cage? Does this question even deserve a response? :huh:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
This is the second time in two days you have referred to me, and other people, as stupid.

In any case, I don't think it's necessary to insult people because the subject matter doesn't meet your particular standards.  Show some common courtesy.  Please don't do that.

Not stupid people.. stupid questions. Big difference.

Are you new around here...? I don't show anyone courtesy. I'm the board b****.

Have a nice day. :cheers

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
It's most likely due to the fact that most of the questions on here are completely f***ing retarded.  Are the pitchers going to take some swings in the batting cage?  Does this question even deserve a response?  :huh:

Show some effing courtesy would ya.. :bang

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
It's most likely due to the fact that most of the questions on here are completely f***ing retarded.  Are the pitchers going to take some swings in the batting cage?  Does this question even deserve a response?  :huh:

I can only speak for myself, but sometimes the 'f***in retarded' questions are rhetorical and a means to start up a conversation.

I bet 90% of the questions on this board can be answered by a yes or no. Let's start doing that and see what's really 'f***in retarded'.