Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Why would anyone be feeling foolish for saying podsednik is not clutch? Sure, that homerun was f***ing huge... but people only seem to remember when players do well ( podsednik and timo) and forget all the times they fail in the clutch.

His throw was awful whether you agree or not.

Yeah, but that was one of the most improbable clutch hits of all time. A guy hits zero HR's all year, then hits a walk-off against one of the best relievers in the game.

Why would anyone be feeling foolish for saying podsednik is not clutch? Sure, that homerun was f***ing huge... but people only seem to remember when players do well ( podsednik and timo) and forget all the times they fail in the clutch.

His throw was awful whether you agree or not.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if I had enough baseball knowledge as jphat to tell that that was a godawful throw.

I love you guys. Only guys like you can hate on Podsednik after he hits one of the biggest HRs in Sox history just to try and save face.

Embarassing to see as a Sox fan, but what can you do. Sorry to have my boy make you guys look so stupid.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Yeah, but that was one of the most improbable clutch hits of all time.  A guy hits zero HR's all year, then hits a walk-off against one of the best relievers in the game.

The HR was awesome, but that still doesn't make Pods clutch.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Thank you.  I wasn't sure if I had enough baseball knowledge as jphat to tell that that was a godawful throw.

LOL. Keep on trying my friend. You just keep embarassing yourself.

GO SOX!!!!!

GO PODS!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)

LOL. That is the f***ing definition of clutch. A GW homerun against one of the best closers in the game in the world f***ing series.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)

The HR was awesome but Pods is not clutch? How many clutch positions has Pods been in like that one? He is 1 for 1 in clutch hits in my book.

BAD THROW

CLUTCH HIT

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Yeah, but that was one of the most improbable clutch hits of all time.  A guy hits zero HR's all year, then hits a walk-off against one of the best relievers in the game.

Which shows that Pujols shot really wasn't that great

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
It would have also been clutch to make a decent throw to Pierzynski to end the game in the 9th, or did you forget about that?

That was a decent f***ing throw for him. HE HAS NO OUTFIELD ARM.

Do you have any idea what the f*** you are talking about? Seriously?

It sounds like you would rather have him not the HR to try and prove you right...

Thats embarassing.

Guess what though, you're wrong.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
It would have also been clutch to make a decent throw to Pierzynski to end the game in the 9th, or did you forget about that?

There were a couple of plays that could have saved a run. You can blame a lot of players for letting it get that close, but at least we are not chatting here about a 7-6 loss.

I would argue that Podsednik's triple last night was also clutch.

However, he has choked repeatedly in RBI situations, postseason not excluded. He fouled out right before Iguchi's homer off David Wells, for instance. Its not necessarily his fault; he's not designed to drive in runs, so to speak.

That was a decent f***ing throw for him. HE HAS NO OUTFIELD ARM.

Do you have any idea what the f*** you are talking about? Seriously?

It sounds like you would rather have him not the HR to try and prove you right...

Thats embarassing.

Guess what though, you're wrong.

Yes, I do. Maybe you should lay off the pathetic attempt at personal attacks.

If Podsednik's arm is bad enough that he can't make that throw, he shouldn't be out there.

I'm happy as hell that he hit that homer. Thanks for questioning my fanhood though.

Edited by SSH2005

Can you make a clutch throw? I never heard the term clutch used that way.

Uh yes I forgot about it!!! He hit a f***ing game winning home run in the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Pods!

Wow..you can't be serious..the man just possibly hit the biggest HR in this franchises history and you're b****ing?? is it Scott's fault he wasnt blessed with a Vlad type arm?? lighten up and enjoy this unbelievable victory