Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 2

Heads22

Pods was the 14th player of all-time to hit a walk-off HR in the WS. That is some rare company.

No way Manny throws him out. Burke would have been halfway home before Manny would have scooped up the ball. He trots around Left field - or out of the scoreboard.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not stop ragging on a player just because he hit a game winning homer.  If he has a halfway accurate throw, the game never goes to the bottom of the 9th.

Pods should get props for manning up, but cheesus lice, take off the f***in black and white shades once in your life and admit that he made a s***ty throw and that if he makes an accurate throw, the games over.

Thank you for a bit of common sense. :notworthy

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
So in the 7th game of a World Series, a player who has f***ed up the whole series hits a game winning walk-off HR in the 9th.. and you STILL complain about him?

Since I'm complaining :rolly

I'm just saying Pods should be receiving criticism for not making an accurate throw. I'm happy as hell he hit the homer...and like I said, he should get props for it...but he makes that throw accurately, and the game is over. Period.

I'm just saying Pods should be receiving criticism for not making an accurate throw.  I'm happy as hell he hit the homer...and like I said, he should get props for it...but he makes that throw accurately, and the game is over.  Period.

Thank you. I feel the exact same way.

Pods should get props for manning up, but cheesus lice, take off the f***in black and white shades once in your life and admit that he made a s***ty throw and that if he makes an accurate throw, the games over.

I truly feel sorry for you if you feel this way.

This is the WORLD SERIES, man. The fricking WORLD SERIES and he hit a game winning home run. In Chicago lore it's bigger than Bobby Thompson's.

To complain ... you are a sick person!

FWIW...I do think Manny throws him out. His number of assists is skewed...because everyone does run on him. However, to get those assists, you do have to make accurate throws.

Perhaps some do not remember Manny in 2003. Someone, though I cannot recall who, singled to LF with Rowand on 2B. The ball was sharply hit, right to Manny, and Rowand was sent home. Manny of course threw accurately to home, and Rowand was out by quite a bit.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)

I'm just saying Pods should be receiving criticism for not making an accurate throw.  I'm happy as hell he hit the homer...and like I said, he should get props for it...but he makes that throw accurately, and the game is over.  Period.

Iguchi gets picked off, Rowand tries to tag up on a would be Double, Uribe gets run down, Everett gets caught stealing, Crede misses a grounder, etc, etc. There were alot of plays that could have changed the game. Pods throw was just one of them. At least it was not Berkman who scored on the throw.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)

I truly feel sorry for you if you feel this way.

This is the WORLD SERIES, man. The fricking WORLD SERIES and he hit a game winning home run. In Chicago lore it's bigger than Bobby Thompson's.

To complain ... you are a sick person!

Ooooook

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
FWIW...I do think Manny throws him out.  His number of assists is skewed...because everyone does run on him.  However, to get those assists, you do have to make accurate throws.

Perhaps some do not remember Manny in 2003.  Someone, though I cannot recall who, singled to LF with Rowand on 2B.  The ball was sharply hit, right to Manny, and Rowand was sent home.  Manny of course threw accurately to home, and Rowand was out by quite a bit.

He gets all the assists because of the Green Monster. He knows how to play the wall, and batters take a hit off the wall for granted - and they get thrown out at 2nd.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
No.  I will continue to critique players as I see fit.  That's what baseball fans do on message boards, no? 

Congratulations on the huge homer though, Pods!!!

SSH2005 dont take it personal bro! the team you love just won. if you sport the jerz you are automatically part of this extension of the whitesox. i say call it peace and enjoy your moment with your team & call everyone you know to celebrate the moment. you are entitled to your opinion and if people beat you down dont worry because you still are rooting like a mother for the same team. and for guys that hate on SSH2005 come on man he is standing up like a man. let it lie.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Didn't he just drive in a huge run in the bot. of the 8th in Game 1?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
One at-bat changes nothing for me.

They are going to be talking about that one at bat as long as they play baseball in Chicago.

QUOTE(RudyLawRules @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Quote of the night! :notworthy

He has had some big hits this post-season... but if a sample size of games in the post season define him as ''clutch'' from here on out we have a problem. Because in reality he is anything but clutch. This homer will always be remembered but when he hits .220 close and later and with runners in scoring position don't be surprised.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
He has had some big hits this post-season... but if a sample size of games in the post season define him as ''clutch'' from here on out we have a problem. Because in reality he is anything but clutch. This homer will always be remembered but when he hits .220 close and later and with runners in scoring position don't be surprised.

I actually couldn't agree more with you. My sarcasm was only directed at the timing and irony of his "clutch" homerun...which will probably be the first and last walk-off HR of his career.

new to the board tonight, so hi. I'm a huge sox fan, have been for all 21 years of my life. Pissed off I had to miss the game tonight for a group meeting. Acutally I made the group put up mlb gamecast during our meeting so I could be updated on what was going on. Can't believe I missed the 2nd half of the game. my question is, does anyone know where I could hear the radio calls of pauly's and pod's homers? rooney's call of the pennant was amazing and I would like to hear his reaction to the homers tonight. thanks!

-Greg