AND THATS A WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES WINNER!!!!!&#33

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was really a game that we maybe didn't deserve to win so much. We were something like 2 for 8 with RISP, and Contreras didn't have his best stuff at all. But this team has battled all year long, and they're doing the small things a lot better now. We're working the counts a lot more, we're getting the bunts down, we're getting FANTASTIC defence from Joe Crede especially and Juan Uribe.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
This was really a game that we maybe didn't deserve to win so much. We were something like 2 for 8 with RISP, and Contreras didn't have his best stuff at all. But this team has battled all year long, and they're doing the small things a lot better now. We're working the counts a lot more, we're getting the bunts down, we're getting FANTASTIC defence from Joe Crede especially and Juan Uribe.

We fully deserved to win this game.

Joe Crede was focking awesome at 3rd. He could not miss a ball.

When we can't catch the ball, we don't deserve to win.

We did our jobs tonight. We earned that. We fought through everything.

Go get em tomorrow MB. Game must end before I get home.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
We fully deserved to win this game.

I'm just saying, the Astros futility on the offensive end is what helped cost them this game. We played pretty well no doubt, but we can do better, which is what I hope to see. But hey, if we're picking up the wins, who cares. :)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
I'm just saying, the Astros futility on the offensive end is what helped cost them this game. We played pretty well no doubt, but we can do better, which is what I hope to see. But hey, if we're picking up the wins, who cares.  :)

There was a reason for the Astros futility on the offensive end.

In fact there were 3 reasons.

They were named Jose, Neal, and Bobby. And each one of them made the pitches they needed to at the proper times. Jose and Neal each made mistake pitches. But they each made the 4 or 5 most important pitches that they needed to turn this game into a win.

This was not a game of the Astros screwing up. This was a game of the White Sox pitchers either striking guys out when they needed to (HI NEAL AND BOBBY) or forcing guys to hit the ball in the neighborhood of Joe "RALLY VACUUM" Crede.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Sox pitchers: 111 pitches, 77 for strikes.

That’s pretty damn amazing.

Contreras 81-55

Cotts 16-10

Jenks 14-12

Edit: Now that I think about it, that can’t be right. Jenks threw two balls to Bagwell. Stupid ESPN.

Edit #2: I’ve corrected ESPN’s bogus numbers. (These are from SI, and look to be correct.)

yea, ESPN got me with that too for a little bit.

I turned to my dad and said "hey.. did you know Jenks didnt throw a ball?" Then after like 5 minutes of thinking about it, I knew it wasnt possible.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
GREAT PURCHASE!

I was at Duffy's on Madison Street last night and saw a guy wearing a black Jenks jersey. so i complimented him on it, and he said, "well, considering my last name really is jenks, i had to buy it."

kickass. :gosox3:

The Sox won it right before we left the comedy club last night. Even though a bunch of people had left those of us that were left made a ton of noise that last inning.

It was an interesting night in many ways.

I hope the Sox do it again tonight! :headbang

I don't think there are many of you who can understand what it's like to have seen

Old Aches & Pains, Teddy Ballgame, DiMaggio, Feller and all those guys while being at Sox Park un the early 40's and

WAITIIIINNNNNNNNNNG FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
If we were the Cubs when Jermaine Dye dropped that ball they would have started talking about the curse and the team and the fans all would have started to think about it and freak out.

It goes without saying, but I'm very happy we're not the Cubs.

Oh god. :lol: :lol:

I usually only lurk here, but that post was far too funny for me not to give it props.