Sorry Harold Reynolds

DonkeyKongerko

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
But why are you still preachin on how the Sox are a terrible fastball hitting team? Konerko, Dye, and even Podsednik tonight have shown themselves able to hit a fastball. I don't know where he got this idea that we are a terrible fastball hitting team.  Maybe just because we're not the Red Sox?

I think it is reverse psychology against the Astros so they throw more of them. Keep up the good work Harold!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
It's hard to have good analysis on a team when you've never seen a full game of theirs. Reynolds knows s*** about the Sox and he shows it with his jackass comments.

that applies to Buck/McCarver and the woman that was doing the fox coverage outside the cell (dont remember the name)

buck and mccarver were talking about how Rock did the run down the baseline thing and how "he's been doing that this whole postseason!" actually guys he's done it all year you douchebags

FOX Lady: they're making up new names on the spot, they're calling him Podzilla now!

In the ESPN postgame show, I shouldn;t have watched anyway, They had noted on how Oswalt has the best "stuff" for the Astros. Not argueing there.

But Peter Gammonds then had said on how the Astros have the best home record in the bigs......

Failed to mention that the Pale Hose have the best road record and how that might possibly mean something agaisnt the best home record. Gammonds still showing no love. Just my thoughts though. and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
that applies to Buck/McCarver and the woman that was doing the fox coverage outside the cell (dont remember the name)

buck and mccarver were talking about how Rock did the run down the baseline thing and how "he's been doing that this whole postseason!"  actually guys he's done it all year you douchebags

FOX Lady: they're making up new names on the spot, they're calling him Podzilla now!

Appearantly Ozzie has just now started signaling for Jenks like with the wide gestures. It just proves how little of the Sox these people have watched.

QUOTE(moneyman6544 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
In the ESPN postgame show, I shouldn;t have watched anyway,  They had noted on how Oswalt has the best "stuff" for the Astros.  Not argueing there.

But Peter Gammonds then had said on how the Astros have the best home record in the bigs......

Failed to mention that the Pale Hose have the best road record and how that might possibly mean something agaisnt the best home record.  Gammonds still showing no love.  Just my thoughts though.  and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Paranoid people....

QUOTE(moneyman6544 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)

Boston had a better home record, while the Braves and Yankees were tied with the Astros for second best.

QUOTE(moneyman6544 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
In the ESPN postgame show, I shouldn;t have watched anyway,  They had noted on how Oswalt has the best "stuff" for the Astros.  Not argueing there.

Failed to mention that the Pale Hose have the best road record and how that might possibly mean something agaisnt the best home record.  Gammonds still showing no love.  Just my thoughts though.  and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I understand they have to generate interest in the series, especially now that we're up 2-0, but some of their s*** is ridiculous.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
McCarver is another anti Sox f***ball.  After Pods hit his HR, he was silent for a few seconds, then sighed and said:  "why do these things happen?"

Oh, I know!! My brother and I were yelling at the tv, "f*** YOU ASSHOLE!!"

What a dickhead he is!

If mcCarver said "why do these things happen?" that is a s***ty home run call.

Somebody tell me he didn't say that.

That is a bulls*** call.

They happen cause the guy made up for his bad throw and hit one of the most dramatic homers in Series history!!!

He was there to live it and ways, 'why do these things happen?'

Geez

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are freaking douchebags. I f***ing hate both of them. They fail to mention that in the event that the sox do get a break that they take advantage of it. f*** YOU GUYS. That umpire started squeezing Jenks at the wrong time but did they mention how that lead to the 2 run game tying double?? NO! Forget them, and Reynolds, they don't know s***.

Why are people calling out Reynolds.... He said we had the better Starting Pitching, Offense, defense, and manager... said he thinks we have the better bullpen 2 but didnt know how they would be after all the lay off. And Kruk said we had better everything including bullpen.

These guys picked us to win and said we are better in all aspects of the game but people are saying they are anti-sox :bang ..... you people need to stop b****ing about every little thing and just enjoy the fact we are in the WS.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Why are people calling out Reynolds.... He said we had the better Starting Pitching, Offense, defense, and manager... said he thinks we have the better bullpen 2 but didnt know how they would be after all the lay off.  And Kruk said we had better everything including bullpen.

These guys picked us to win and said we are better in all aspects of the game but people are saying they are anti-sox  :bang ..... you people need to stop b****ing about every little thing and just enjoy the fact we are in the WS.

I'm only upset because the last 1-2 weeks he hasn't stopped with this "the White Sox are a terrible fastball hitting team." He's a freakin broken record.

Here's the story on our locker room hot off the press if ya's want it:

Konerko’s remarkable week now has a grand slam

Eds: UPDATES with quotes

By RICK GANO

AP Sports Writer

CHICAGO (AP) — What a week for Paul Konerko.

He was the MVP of the AL championship series, became a father for the first time, and Sunday night delivered a grand slam that sent U.S. Cellular Field into delirium.

Now he’s two wins away from celebrating a World Series title with the Chicago White Sox.

“Not too many times are you going to hit a grand slam in the World Series and that would be the second-best thing that happened all week,” Konerko said.

“I had a baby born Tuesday night. That’s first for the week. That one (grand slam) is second.”

His seventh inning bases-loaded shot gave Chicago a 6-4 lead Sunday. Rookie closer Bobby Jenks couldn’t hold it in the ninth, but Scott Podsednik sent the White Sox to Texas with a 2-0 lead with a ninth-inning homer for a 7-6 victory over the Houston Astros.

“He went all season, six months without hitting a home run. Now he’s got two in the postseason, a huge one right there,” Konerko said. “That’s as big a home run as you can ever hit.”

Konerko’s was a big one, too. It was the 18th grand slam in World Series history, the first for a White Sox player.

With the mist falling and their offense misfiring, the White Sox appeared headed to Texas all tied up, trailing by two runs.

Then came the seventh and it all changed. First, a disputed call. Then Konerko’s grand slam.

Jermaine Dye got hit with a pitch — or did he? That was the ruling, one disputed by Houston manager Phil Garner, that loaded the bases and set the stage for Konerko.

Konerko said even he couldn’t tell.

“Not from my angle, as I was on deck,” he said. “They argued that a little bit. It’s such a tough call for the umpire because if you don’t hear the wood sound, it sounds like hand. We’ll take it, it was a heck of an at-bat by him.

Trailing 4-2, Juan Uribe’s second double, this one with one out, got it started. With two outs, Tadahito Iguchi worked Dan Wheeler for a walk and the fans at U.S. Cellular Field, many wearing rain slickers on a night more suited for football, began to sense a rally.

It got even louder as No. 3 hitter Dye, who’d homered in Game 1 and singled in the first inning Sunday night, came to the plate. Wheeler’s pitch came inside and the ruling was that Dye was hit with the pitch. Garner thought otherwise, insisting it hit his bat.

“I mean the umpire says you go to first, you are going to go to first,” Dye said. “I’m not going to tell him I fouled it off, so just go to first and hopefully we get a big hit, and we did.”

Astros catcher Brad Ausmus said he thought the ball hit Dye based on Dye’s reaction.

“The ump sees what, 225, 250 pitches a night and get the great majority of them right,” Ausmus said. “But it’s not like his call scored any runs. They did that on their own.”

With the bases loaded, Garner came to the mound and sent Wheeler to the dugout. In came reliever Chad Qualls and up came Konerko.

One pitch was all it took.

Konerko’s drive to left was his fifth homer of the postseason and he pumped his fists as he rounded the bases, later stepping up in the dugout for a curtain call.

“I wasn’t thinking home run. I was thinking base hit to drive in two runs,” Konerko said. “He’s nasty. I hadn’t taken a swing all night. I took one swing all night and that was on that pitch.”

Konerko had trouble containing his emotions as he rounded the bases, admitting it was “kind of an out-of-body thing.”

“Usually I try not to show that kind of stuff, but it just kind of comes on you. I don’t know what I did or what I looked like. It’s one of those things that you never experience anything like it,” he said.

After winning the MVP of the ALCS against the Angels last Sunday, Konerko returned to his Arizona home where his wife gave birth to their first child, Nicholas.

Konerko will be a free agent once this remarkable season is over, and who knows in the crazy world of baseball? It might have been his final game at U.S. Cellular Field.

That’s not what is on his mind right now.

“You lose a lead in the ninth and still come back and win that game in a World Series,” he said. “You feel good, you kind of feel like you got away with one. At the same time if we can get away with two more. ... But the job is not done yet.”

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
You guys complain about every single announcer, analyst, etc. that doesn't bleed White Sox baseball.

I hate Joe Buck and Tim McCarver more than anything, and I think Harold Reynolds is a joke aswell, but this is the time of your lives, live it up for christs sake.

Agreed very much so.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
You guys complain about every single announcer, analyst, etc. that doesn't bleed White Sox baseball.

I hate Joe Buck and Tim McCarver more than anything, and I think Harold Reynolds is a joke aswell, but this is the time of your lives, live it up for christs sake.

I agree. This is pathetic.