Sorry Harold Reynolds

DonkeyKongerko

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
But why are you still preachin on how the Sox are a terrible fastball hitting team? Konerko, Dye, and even Podsednik tonight have shown themselves able to hit a fastball. I don't know where he got this idea that we are a terrible fastball hitting team.  Maybe just because we're not the Red Sox?

That was the dumbest thing I heard from Baseball Tonight. I harped over and over and over this year that it was the junk ballers, the guy who hits 85 to 90 who can spot the fastball on the outer half that can own this team.

Any f***ing foolish team that challenges our hitters inside are nuts. We are a very good fastball hitting team. You leave it center in and they will launch you all day long.

Guys like Byrd scare me facing this team. Oswalt doesnt. We will launch his ass on Tuesday.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:28 AM)
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are freaking douchebags. I f***ing hate both of them. They fail to mention that in the event that the sox do get a break that they take advantage of it. f*** YOU GUYS. That umpire started squeezing Jenks at the wrong time but did they mention how that lead to the 2 run game tying double?? NO! Forget them, and Reynolds, they don't know s***.

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought jenks got the squeeze, that strike zone looked small as hell after that second at bat

I thought McCarver said "how do these things happen?", and it wasn't a rip against the Sox. It was more in a "wow, october is unreal, eh?" kind of way. Like how does Pods of all guys end it off Lidge? I doubt he would ever say "why does this happen" and cry for the astros. He was just living up the moment. He may be terrible sometimes, but i liked what he had to say here. "How does this happen?"

I have no idea Tim, but it's just awesome. Like they say, you can't script October.

What an idiot. All season long every white sox broadcaster has made it clear the white sox are a good fastball hitting team. This was made evident in NY when Rivera blew the game for the Yanks in the 10th i think by giving uribe a fastball after he hadn't made any contact with breaking pitches all day. Uribe smacked a triple into RC field, which turned out to be the winner. I remember Ronney talking about if Rivera gave him a fastball Uribe would do something with it cuz Uribe is always a good fastball hitter, like most of the sox lineup. ESPN dont do their HW unless its local teams that they grew up with their histroy. Something like 80% of all employess lived and went to school in the new england area, basically they just know what they know. It would be like if ESPN was based here there would be so much more knowledge of the what goes on here, but ESPN isn't too nieve.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
I thought McCarver said "how do these things happen?", and it wasn't a rip against the Sox. It was more in a "wow, october is unreal, eh?" kind of way.  Like how does Pods of all guys end it off Lidge? I doubt he would ever say "why does this happen" and cry for the astros. He was just living up the moment. He may be terrible sometimes, but i liked what he had to say here. "How does this happen?"

I have no idea Tim, but it's just awesome. Like they say, you can't script October.

I thought the same thing and I gave him the benfit of the doubt the first time I heard it. When I listened to it the second time, his tone seemed biased and almost angry.

Whatever, it's just interesting to see people's true colors come out.

Sox win!! :cheers

They didn't say anything - guess what? Good announcers DO NOT say anything in that situation. The picture on the TV screen says ALL of it. And in this case, didn't that picture say a hell of a lot more then either of those two blowhards could say?

So can we STFU about this s*** now?

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
But why are you still preachin on how the Sox are a terrible fastball hitting team? Konerko, Dye, and even Podsednik tonight have shown themselves able to hit a fastball. I don't know where he got this idea that we are a terrible fastball hitting team.  Maybe just because we're not the Red Sox?

Who thought Pods would win it

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
I knew first hand that it gets frustrating, I was even frustrated tonight with Buck and McCarver dicing the Dye situation in everyway imaginable. 

Thats when you utilize the mute button, and listen to Farmer and Rooney.

The only problem with that is that the radio is at least 5 seconds faster than the TV, maybe more. The sound on the signal went dead for about half an inning in game 3 of the ALDS and I tried that. After Freddy induced a double play they were setting up the commercial break before Freddy even threw the pitch on TV.

God, I miss Hawk right about now.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
I may be alone in this, but I actually like Reynolds. Of all the idiots on ESPN I think he's the best and usually knows what he's talking about. Kruk is a joke.

As for McCarver and Buck....morons.

I think the are entertaining. When Kruk and Reynolds crack themselves up and Gammons sits there like a school headmaster with stick up his ass, I laugh. I thought it was the kiss of death when they had the Sox winning everything.

As for McCarver and Buck, trying to call a game and be unbiased has to be the hardest thing in the world. If they do their job perfectly, Astros and Sox fans should both hate them and call them biased and the rest of the country will say, nice game, great broadcast.