Damn Jeff Brantley isn't even TRYING

Harry&JimmyRocked

this guy is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top in his anti-sox b.s. i'm just loving it as the sox continue to win and stick it in his ear. listening to this guy and he's actually ANGRY at the astro's pitchers just like a fan. and espn radio is already spinning the "tainted" championship b.s.

this is for them :finger

this is for us as we win the freakin championship :cheers

I have said it once Ill say it again. ESPN is just nieve. Its a fact that like 80% of all employees there either went to school on the east coast or grew up on the east coast. When you have that then the majority of knowledge, histroy, and traidtion center around what you know and what you percieve is the norm. It would be the same if ESPN was say centered in chicago, it would be like CSN Chicago people running a full time national sports media outlet, it just wouldnt be right. ESPN sucks balls, WHITE SOX kick ass!!

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
this guy is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top in his anti-sox b.s.  i'm just loving it as the sox continue to win and stick it in his ear.  listening to this guy and he's actually ANGRY at the astro's pitchers just like a fan.  and espn radio is already spinning the "tainted" championship b.s. 

this is for them  :finger

this is for us as we win the freakin championship  :cheers

Lets do it

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)
I don't give a damn what ESPN,  ESPN NEWS,  Mike and Mike,  the idiots at Fox,  or anybody else has to say one way or another.  This team is two wins away from a title.  There's not a damn thing anybody can say to taint this for me.

Thank you. Seriously.

WHO GIVES A DAMN WHAT THEY THINK???? We are two wins away from being World Champions, and I am not going to let some two bit pundit take anything away from that!

And then we line up like little puppies when one of these talking heads picks the Sox and anointing them as genius. We fawn over Ryan Sandburg picking the Sox. Wow THE Sandburg. And of course when someone finally has seen enough to change their opinion, we complain they are bandwagon jumpers.

There were/are some good reasons to not pick the Sox, especially at the start of the season. No team is perfect, remember, the Sox did lose one game to the Angels. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:10 AM)
And then we line up like little puppies when one of these talking heads picks the Sox and anointing them as genius. We fawn over Ryan Sandburg picking the Sox. Wow THE Sandburg. And of course when someone finally has seen enough to change their opinion, we complain they are bandwagon jumpers.

There were/are some good reasons to not pick the Sox, especially at the start of the season. No team is perfect, remember, the Sox did lose one game to the Angels.  :D

Hell, I'd be much happier if nobody picked the Sox. I don't like all the attention, to be honest. Plus, the "favorites" never win.

As for the media hating the Sox...eh...who knows? I sometimes think we read too much into what is said about our team. I am familiar with the East Coast bias, but it is justified. I know people in the UK and outside of the US. It's funny, they are all Yankees fans. Do ya think continual success has something to do with it?

Heck, and everybody in Baseball LOVES Biggio and Bagwell, so why wouldn't people be pulling for them? Two guys, both superstars, one of whom has stayed with the same team his whole career and you can't write a dang thing negative about him? As Sox fans, there is a wonderful story there. If we hadn't had these funky umpire calls, I am guessing we would have all the attention and love right now.

I think the whole media hatred is based on everything Cubbie being blown into a story while everything South Side seems to be ignored.

The only thing that grates on me is garbage like that overnight ESPN Radio guy claiming that if and when the Sox win it all, people will forever refer to an umpire's mistake as the reason why they got it done. I just don't think any of the umpire "issues" were high-profile enough or critical enough to be a 1985 Don Denkinger-type of thing.

Im fairly sure that Jeff Brantley and Barry Melrose are the same mullet-ed robot that ESPN uses for different shows. They just change his program from hillbilly(baseball) to canuck(hockey), and then take the wig off and he transforms into Sean Salisbury.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Im fairly sure that Jeff Brantley and Barry Melrose are the same mullet-ed robot that ESPN uses for different shows.  They just change his program from hillbilly(baseball) to canuck(hockey), and then take the wig off and he transforms into Sean Salisbury.

LMAO :notworthy

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Im fairly sure that Jeff Brantley and Barry Melrose are the same mullet-ed robot that ESPN uses for different shows.  They just change his program from hillbilly(baseball) to canuck(hockey), and then take the wig off and he transforms into Sean Salisbury.

:notworthy :cheers