Minutemaid Park

Soxfest

All these so called experts keep saying how Houston hitting with the short porch in leftfield will have the advantage, I guess when White Sox bat along with a retractable roof they must have a retractable leftfield wall, the short porch to me plays into Sox hands for guys like Rowand, Iguchi, Crede to name a few. 2 more wins :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:47 AM)
All these so called experts keep saying how Houston hitting with the short porch in leftfield will have the advantage, I guess when White Sox bat along with a  retractable roof they must have a retractable leftfield wall, the short porch to me plays into Sox hands for guys like Rowand, Iguchi, Crede to name a few. 2 more wins  :gosoxretro:

How often do you see Konerko "just miss one" to left? I bet he will have HUGE numbers these games.

I don't think Tal's Hill is going to come into play that much. You would have to absolutely crank a ball to dead center...and that doesn't happen all that often.

What I'm more worried about is Pods playing balls off that wall. Since the scoreboard is there, the ball can take some very funny hops. Both teams will get their dingers, but if Pods can keep runners from going to second on shots off the wall, that might decide a game.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
I have to wonder if that crazy hill in center feild will play some sort of a factor. i hope to god that rowand doesnt get hurt running into it, since as far as i know, hes never played in minutemaid before.

rowand mentioned on MJH last week that he did play in minute maid in 2003 i believe..

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
I have to wonder if that crazy hill in center feild will play some sort of a factor. i hope to god that rowand doesnt get hurt running into it, since as far as i know, hes never played in minutemaid before.

The Sox played an exhibition game there in '03

I could definitely see Konerko going nuts in that park. As often as he yanks the ball in that direction, he could put up some big numbers. The Astros simply don't have a right-handed hitter with as much dead pull power as Paulie. He could turn that short wall into a major factor in our favor.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Something not noted by the astute ESPN team is that Jon Garland is a sinkerball pitcher. If he's on his game, the wall doesn't even come into play for Houston's offense.

And on top of that, Garcia had the highest GB/FB ratio on our starting staff.