GoochFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Rowland?  Are you new to the team?

Pants Rowland! The manager of the last White Sox World Series Champion! :headbang

Way to reference past glory! :P

Soxtalk.com: Bridging the past with your future. :D

Willie should never even sniff a world series game.

Iguchi is in a small slump. He didn't really have a couple bad ones in the regular season. Just too bad that it's coming on now.

I have every confidence in him coming up with the big hit when we need it though. Plus he is great on D.

WIllie Harris vs Oswalt? Mercy.

There's no doubt Gooch is struggling a little at the moment. He's swinging too late on those fastballs and K'ing at an alarming rate, even for him.

There's no way he's moving from the lineup however. He offers far more in terms of defensive play, which he's shown throughout the playoffs, than Willie Harris could, and in a series where errors are crucial, no way Iguchi is going anywhere.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Not in 2005.

My sediments exactly....if it aint broke don't fix it......Gooch is a huge reason why we are sittin in this spot right now......and he has made some awesome plays in the field this postseason....well some of them were thanks to ozzie's field positioning

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
There's no doubt Gooch is struggling a little at the moment. He's swinging too late on those fastballs and K'ing at an alarming rate, even for him.

There's no way he's moving from the lineup however. He offers far more in terms of defensive play, which he's shown throughout the playoffs, than Willie Harris could, and in a series where errors are crucial, no way Iguchi is going anywhere.

Iguchi is not a better fielder than willie and realistically willie probally has a better chance of getting on against oswalt. Now do i think willie will do anything more than possibly pinch run in houston? No f***ing way.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Iguchi is not a better fielder than willie and realistically willie probally has a better chance of getting on against oswalt. Now do i think willie will do anything more than possibly pinch run in houston? No f***ing way.

Willie has more range, but a noodle arm. You can't fault what Gooch has done in the field, especially in the plafoffs. No reason to break up the Gooch - Uribe DP combo right now.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)

You might be lucky enough to see him pinch hit a couple of times. I can see Ozzie getting a bit excited with pinch hitting since he hasn't had a chance to use it that much yet.

Iguchi has really looked bad at the plate for a while now. His front hip is constantly flying out. Someone mentioned Everett, When is the last time our vaunted DH had an extra base hit? The way he's been going he'll end up with Mike Caruso's nickname.

But, no, Iguchi will not be benched in favor of Harris. Ozzie's going to go with the guys that got him here.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
screw willie harris, i want geoff blum to start.  if we win with him the astros will concede the series.

and why the hell is this an available smiley option, just out of curiosity? :britishflag:

We value our English Soxtalk members as much as anyone else :britishflag:

No doubt Iguchi is in a funk at the plate, and is in desperate need of some coaching.

Greg Walker, ER calling!

That said, keep him there. We're up 2-0 and his fielding is still fine. Wouldn't want to mess with his or team chemistry right now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Someone mentioned Everett,  When is the last time our vaunted DH had an extra base hit?  The way he's been going he'll end up with Mike Caruso's nickname.

My wife was asking about the DH rule and what happens when they go to Houston. When I told her we'll have the pitchers batting instead of Carl she said "well that sucks."

I told her that the way Carl has been hitting lately I don't think it'll make much difference...