This was for you, Frank....

Heads22

he made me a white sox fan back in the early nineties.

he gave me a head nod during BP in san diego. its one of those things you can't really relate to anyone else but he picked me out of the crowd and for a half second there was an unspoken understanding, maybe the coolest moment of my life. just a head nod, no reason to go crazy. anyway im blabbering.

:gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox2:

frank you're the man. you've been my favorite player since i was a little kid and you made me love the sox. you deserve this more than anyone. great job big man.

i'd love to see him back, but if he's not - at least he now has done it all. thank you frank for all the amazing memories

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
How many of my generation became Sox fans because of Frank?  He is now and will forever be my favorite Sox.  I teared up seeing him celebrate after the game (though that could have been champagne in the eyes).

No doubt about it. I don't think I would be a Sox fan today if not for the Big Hurt. He was the Michael Jordan of the early to mid 90's.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
That picture reminds me of Jordan getting his first trophy.

Opening Day, 2006.  Here's hoping that Frank is the DH, batting in the usual 3 spot when they have the ring presentation.

I bet you even the folks here who think that Frank's career/time with us is at an end wouldn't complain 1 iota if that were to happen.

'It's one of the best teams I've ever seen. No doubt. There was no selfishness, it was all team. If one man didn't get it done in this lineup, somebody else would. It has been a really special year. Unbelievable. Unbelievable. Unbelievable.''

'I'll tell you what, I always dreamed about this. I'm so happy I stayed. Everybody wanted me to go elsewhere. My heart was here and my soul was here. I love Chicago and I love playing with the White Sox.''