Has it Sunk in we won the WS?

GoodAsGould

I'm just getting used to the fact that we swept Boston in the ALDS. That and I kinda get depressed whenever the Sox season ends. Maybe once I realize that we really won the WS, that feeling will disappear.

Memories from 2005 will doubtlessly be replayed over the next few weeks and I intend to absorb all of them. The Sox played like flat out world-beaters for the past month and it came at a time of year that we have grown accustomed to baseball disappointment.

This World Series really just flew by compared to the ALDS and ALCS in my mind.

I am mostly depressed that there is NO MORE BASEBALL to be watched this year. I got so used to planning my day around work and watching. I am a Packer fan, which this year means I have no football to watch.

I am still in shock, and god only knows when this will set in.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
I am mostly depressed that there is NO MORE BASEBALL to be watched this year.  I got so used to planning my day around work and watching.  I am a Packer fan, which this year means I have no football to watch.

I am still in shock, and god only knows when this will set in.

me too, 72....f***ing painful, this Packer season...jesus

It definitely has not sunk in yet. I've thought so many times what i would do and what it would feel like if we won. And it hasn't been like that at all. It's weird, throughout the whole playoffs when everything was happening, I would just constantly shed a few tears. I wouldn't cry, but just a few tears. I can feel it in me. I don't know when it's gonna happen, but at some point I'm just gonna realize it and it's gonnna hit me and i will cry like a little baby. And those will be the sweetest tears of my life.

I have to get up in 3 hours or so, but why should I even go to bed? I got no sleep last night and I'm still not tired. And no, it hasn't sank in completely. At some moments I think to myself, we did it. And then I almost start to cry but I just can't. It doesn't want to sink in because I think I'm dreaming. Hopefully it will sink in soon, I can't wait for the parade Friday!!!

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
It definitely has not sunk in yet. I've thought so many times what i would do and what it would feel like if we won. And it hasn't been like that at all. It's weird, throughout the whole playoffs when everything was happening, I would just constantly shed a few tears. I wouldn't cry, but just a few tears. I can feel it in me. I don't know when it's gonna happen, but at some point I'm just gonna realize it and it's gonnna hit me and i will cry like a little baby. And those will be the sweetest tears of my life.

I'm right with ya there. So many times I've dreamed about this moment and how emotional it would be. Now that it's actually happened I'm almost unable to comprehend it right now. I just need to keep repeating it over and over in my head:

World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox, World Champion Chicago White Sox

Honestly if I'm Favre, I say "Look, its Aaron Rodgers time...put him in, I'll work with him and get him ready to take over here."

Not really anything that Favre can do with this team right now, hell Bart Starr couldn't do anything with this patchwork team.