Saw 2

Jimbo's Drinker

Although the acting was better in the 2nd one it was a worse movie. First of all the point of screwing all the people is to give them a chance to escape although it might be costly.... Well 2 people died w/out having a chance at all... and i guess if you count the one at the begining it was 3.

Also they way the cops dealt with it was complete bulls*** they would never deal with it that way...If a cop has someone in his family involved he would be taken off the case immediately and the guy would of been taken into custody right away.

Finally I somewhat enjoyed the movie even with its flaws but the ending just totally killed it for me.... that was beyond retarded.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 04:03 AM)
While it was gorier than the first... having 17 characters in this one made it less exciting for me. I couldn't get into the characters as well... and it there were a good amount of slow spots until the last 15-20 minutes or so.

Agree with so many characters. I wasn't as focused as the first one until I figured out the safe thing. John gave away a lot of clues to spoil it for me. But I enjoyed it.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I haven't seen either, but I had a dream last night that I was in a "saw" situation. Weird and creepy.

BTW, I don't feel like watching these movies, but can I get a brief synopsis of the second movie? I want to know spoilers.

If you were in a dream about Saw, you might as well just kill yourself because you'll never figure out the killer because it's the most ridiculous ending to a movie I've ever seen. I haven't seen the second, because I refuse to give it a dime after seeing the first like SS2k5, but I can tell you that the first one was f***ing terrible.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I haven't seen either, but I had a dream last night that I was in a "saw" situation. Weird and creepy.

BTW, I don't feel like watching these movies, but can I get a brief synopsis of the second movie? I want to know spoilers.

You need to see 1 to understand 2.

For those that have seen it could you please be respectful to those that haven't and want to and not post spoilers just yet?

TIA.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)

For those that have seen it could you please be respectful to those that haven't and want to and not post spoilers just yet?

TIA.

I know what happens in Saw 1, but didn't feel like seeing it. Same with this one. I just want to know, to know, but I respect not spoiling in this thread. PM would work.

Thanks

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)

TIA.

Or if someone feels the need to post spoilers, post a great big warning so people can scroll past it without reading it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Or if someone feels the need to post spoilers, post a great big warning so people can scroll past it without reading it.

Or make a separate thread, labeling it accordingly, so there's no chance of seeing them at all.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
If you were in a dream about Saw, you might as well just kill yourself because you'll never figure out the killer because it's the most ridiculous ending to a movie I've ever seen.  I haven't seen the second, because I refuse to give it a dime after seeing the first like SS2k5, but I can tell you that the first one was f***ing terrible.

The acting in both were bad ( first one was awful). But to say it was f***ing terrible is asinine. You have to expect bad acting in horror movies, it is almost a given. The ending in the first is 100x better imo than figuring out the ending 27 minutes through and wasting your time over the next hour.

For every movie there are people like you that hate a movie... even if the movie is a master piece ( not saying saw is even close).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
The acting in both were bad ( first one was awful). But to say it was f***ing terrible is asinine. You have to expect bad acting in horror movies, it is almost a given. The ending in the first is 100x better imo than figuring out the ending 27 minutes through and wasting your time over the next hour.

For every movie there are people like you that hate a movie... even if the movie is a master piece ( not saying saw is even close).

I hate that people think a movie is a masterpiece just because it surprises them at the end. Sure, it was surprising because you had no way of ever knowing the end, which was ridiculous. They could've had a grizzly bear be the killer in the end, and people would think it was great because they never saw it coming.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I hate that people think a movie is a masterpiece just because it surprises them at the end.  Sure, it was surprising because you had no way of ever knowing the end, which was ridiculous.  They could've had a grizzly bear be the killer in the end, and people would think it was great because they never saw it coming.

no one could have predicted how the first one ended because the ending made no f***ing sense.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I hate that people think a movie is a masterpiece just because it surprises them at the end.  Sure, it was surprising because you had no way of ever knowing the end, which was ridiculous.  They could've had a grizzly bear be the killer in the end, and people would think it was great because they never saw it coming.

no one could have predicted how the first one ended because the ending made no f***ing sense.

I thought the characters were just plain stupid.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!???

The tape at the beginning said everything they needed to know so I knew exactly what was going to happen at the end. It seemed too unrealistic to me, even though it was a movie.

Exactly people say Saw is so great because of the endings.... well in both cases the endings really sucked considering its just random out of the blue.... Ill admit in the 2nd they at least gave you a clue for 1/2 of the ending if you paid attention.

But the thing in number 2 is the characters never had a chance. One guy dies right away when they have no clue whats going on. Than the tape they find in the basement is totally bogus because the guy followed what he was supposed to and got screwed. Than the 2nd tape was complete bogus since there was only a minute timer and than 2 of the characters dont even get a chance....

I always thought the whole point was for the person to learn to value their life. How are they learned to value their life when they never get a chance too... the whole plot contradicts everything its apposed to.